Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you love the body style 100% at 1st or did it take a little while to grow on you? anything you would've like to have seen done a little bit different on the body styling?

At first i wasnt 100% in love with the hatchback but now its really grown on me. i think a 1 inch drop will put me over the top with the whole car appearance. Not really a fan of the rims at all though. granted they can be changed out but for stock i think they really suck.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Did you love the body style 100% at 1st or did it take a little while to grow on you? anything you would've like to have seen done a little bit different on the body styling?

At first i wasnt 100% in love with the hatchback but now its really grown on me. i think a 1 inch drop will put me over the top with the whole car appearance. Not really a fan of the rims at all though. granted they can be changed out but for stock i think they really suck.
When I first saw photos, I was thinking "who put the Chrysler grill on the Subaru?!" I'm in a minority that has always liked hatchbacks, so the hatch body style didnt bother me. The thing I would change is the way the rear hatch rakes. I would have it flatter like how the old Civic hatch was, or how the Mazda 3 is. As for wheels, I always felt hatches should have at least 6 spokes on the wheels. 10 spoke doesnt bother me b/c I was looking to get some Enkei J10s.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i didnt really care for the WRX.. i was in the market for a Speed3/Speed6
but one day driving to work i saw the new WRX at my local dealer, stopped by and felt in love

·
Registered
243 Posts
i have always loved this body style since the first SPIED photos... the only thing i wanted them to change was the chrome bars (which i can change myself), and the pt cruiser grille (which i can also change myself) other then that my first thoughts were... this car was meant for me... i love the usefullness and power with it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I test drove an 05 wrx, 07 sti, and finally had the funds to be able to afford one. I also test drove an evoIX but I felt more at home in the subie.

·
Registered
421 Posts
When i first saw the 1st pics of the new Imprezza and WRX back in 2005-2006, i was totally disgusted. To make matters worse, I saw some KIAs on the road that seem to look like it.

However, after it was released in USA, i saw some pics and started falling in love with it, as there was some change in curves from the 1st pics i saw.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I liked the design ever since I saw the spy photos, my main reasoning for not getting a WRX before was the lack of storage in the trunk ... so after getting into an accident and having the opportunity to get a new car, I grabbed a WRX hatch as soon as I could.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I hadn't been following subaru since about 04 when I almost bought one (needed a truck back then) so I was surprised when I saw the sedan. I thought it looked really cool especially compared to the blob eyes which really turned me off.

I started doing some looking around and honestly at first I thought the hatch was fugly as hell. But the more I looked at it the more I liked it, and now I love it. Not love at first sight at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
At first, I honestly wasn't, but then the sport grill fixed most of it for me.

After owning a few months - I DO love it - in fact, it makes me look at other
cars and think, "huh.. that's boring." - example, my other contestant was the
A3 - now I think it's really dull.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I loved the car, but after I test drove it I looked at it's pics on the Subaru site and test drove a bunch of others because the pics on the Subaru site are butt ugly. The pics I took of mine looked awesome, I think Subaru needs to get a new photographer.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
the only thing visually I don't like are the fog lights. they should be the ones that are big and in a module so you can replace them with a cover or a big hella light or something

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I had been following the STi thru the WRC for years, (I have really wanted to make it to Monte Carlo / Turini region). I have always been a fan of the Sedan... Gotta be honest I was a little taken back when I heard/saw the STi was going to a hatch, that turned me away from the STi little bummed about that... but that is their choice. I pulled into the dealers lot saw the sedan went HOLY SH!T.... and that was it... Pulled the money in for the down and then started playing the game, pit one dealership against another, see how low we can get this thing to go out the door, I am a cheap bastard like that. ::) ;D

·
Registered
752 Posts
i was originally on the market for an Evo IX, since i already owned a DSM. I found one about 3 hours away, but i was never able to make it to the dealership in time to start the paperwork. My friend had bought an '07 STi the week prior and had to go up to the Subaru dealership for something. I went with hoping there was still an '07 WRX there. Well, there was... but i saw a DGM Hatch with a big ass balloon on it too. I wasn't crazy about it at first. Then i took it for a test drive and was sold. It took me about a month to get use to the new body style. Sometimes i wish i got something else though... Subarus are the most difficult cars i have ever worked on, lol.
I'm glad i made the jump from Mitsubishi to Subaru. All the Evo owners i have ran into lately have been cocky as hell. But that's nothing a my Green cant handle :)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
started playing the game, pit one dealership against another, see how low we can get this thing to go out the door, I am a cheap bastard like that. ::) ;D
that's how I got my 08 WRX hatch for $21k ;D

also (to the guy who saw the Evo IX) -- I wanted to get an 08 EVO but the mitsubishi dealers were HUGE a**holes to me. went in for a test drive and they basically said "we only let SERIOUS buyers test drive our cars" wtf?? guess I'm only "serious" enough to write a $21,000 check to the subaru dealer down the street later that day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm 21 and his is my first car and the only reasons why i bought it is because of grand turismo 2 and people say subaru is reliable. Back in the days i was obsessed with gt2 and the wrx sti was my favorite car to use. couldn't get an sti, so i got an 08 hatch.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
When I first saw photos, I was thinking "who put the Chrysler grill on the Subaru?!" I'm in a minority that has always liked hatchbacks, so the hatch body style didnt bother me. The thing I would change is the way the rear hatch rakes. I would have it flatter like how the old Civic hatch was, or how the Mazda 3 is. As for wheels, I always felt hatches should have at least 6 spokes on the wheels. 10 spoke doesnt bother me b/c I was looking to get some Enkei J10s.
I am a hatchback guy myself. Yea, its kinda weird, but that 02 Si did it for me. When I saw the new WRX I was glad that there was still a hatch (ok, at first I said WAGON) WRX. I really like the mazda 3, esp the mazdaspeed...except they blew it with no AWD, I need a good awd setup. I'm sick of FWD in the snow :(

Vive la hatch!
joneSi

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah me too I've always kinda liked "the hatch"...

I've read some comments about the chrome bits - I actually like the chrome even. Like a lot of people I guess, didn't like the car at all after seeing a few pictures, that's including a Subaru Impreza booklet from a dealer, but when I saw one for real?and then drove it I from that point on had to get one.

Just left a comment under "Introductions" - new new new to the site - but yeah, guess it was love at first sight for me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not love at first site at all, more like love at first on ramp with a big sweeper and no traffic.

I like the looks of the sedan well over the hatch but I went hatch just for practicality reasons. I did the sport grille, honestly that thing should be standard on WRX. I don't think I will do a thing else to it for looks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts