Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today my girl noticed one of my license plate bulbs flashing and when i opened up the lens it was filled with water. i did notice water in them when i got my new license plate lights and was taking them out for the 1st time so i was leaking water in there before i ever messed with the lens. anyone else having an issue? could this be a fire issue using stock bulbs or leds. i know water and electric dont mix but other then that i dont know much bout car electronics.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I don't think you need to worry about actual damages to your car stilll it's weird and totally not normal, if you wanna feel safe i'd check with the dealer or if you feel brave remove the inside of you hatch and find the leak seal it back and tada

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the water is in the actual lens. when you pull the lens out water is in it. so its the light sockets not sealing im thinking

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
gotta work now but I'll get a look on mines later on 2day and see if I can come up with any guess :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
It sounds like the lens cover is not properly sealed. Or it could be that the car is not running/draining the water properly when you are driving around in the rain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts