Subaru WRX Forums banner

Water/Meth Install

9K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  kingsalami 
#1 ·
This is my first "How To" that i have ever made, so bear with me.

CoolingMist Water/Meth Injection kit from www.importimageonline.com. $185 shipped.

First disconnect the battery.
After that, jack the car up and remove the driver side wheel.

Next, remove the clips from the inside of the fender well and some of the ones on the wind splitter under the washer fluid reservoir.

Drill the hole in the lowest point on the reservoir(make sure you have a bucket).

make sure that you use the Teflon Tape on anything that will be threaded.

Mount the pump and run the hoses and wires.

Remove TMIC

Drill and Tap the TMIC

Put the TMIC back on

Stock?

It's impossible to see the nozzle so i put the camera under the intercooler to get this pic.

The whole install was pretty simple. All you have to do is read the instructions that come with the kit.

See less See more
#8 ·
What is the water/meth kit going to do for you? Incrtease horsepower?

#11 ·
OGB, one last question....why did you drain your windshield wiper res? Is that to be used for the water/meth mixture?

will that also be used to clean windshield?

#12 ·
i wanted to drain the old windshield washer fluid because i don't know what is in it. the water/meth mixture goes in there and is actually windshield washer fluid also. the brand name is PEAK and has methanol in it. in the winter look for the -20 degree stuff, it has more meth in it ;D

sounds crazy right? PEAK windshield wash contains water and methanol... that's it.

0¬?F mix contains ~23% Methanol
-20¬?F mix contains ~33% Methanol
-25¬?F mix contains ~35% Methanol

SnoPerformance says:
6. Where can I purchase Methanol?

Methanol can generally be purchased where racing fuels are sold. Also, most gas line dryers like "Heat" are simply Methanol. Suppliers of industrial chemicals can also supply Methanol usually at a higher price than fuel suppliers. If all else fails, most windshield washer fluids are up to 40% Methanol and 58% water. Methanol can be purchased on the web at www.worldwideracingfuels.com and hiperfuels.com.

#19 ·
Thread was from 2007...lol

#23 ·
You're half right. Running water/meth injection (most daily drivers run a 50/50 mix) cools down your intake mixture & allows you to run a couple degrees more timing and a couple more psi boost without knocking. It also allows you to lean out your fuel mixture a bit, giving you better mileage & a cleaner burning engine. Sine you're running leaner, you should'nt have any unburnt fuel in your exhaust. you WILL need a pro tune if you install meth injection.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.