Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered my car has water spots all over the body,the glass like all over it. I have tried everything. I took the car back to the dealer showed him the water marks. They buffed the whole car.But all in vain.Does anybody know what i can use or do to get rid of them. They are more prominent on the windshield .

·
Registered
80 Posts
The dealer should have a body shop with the proper tools for the job. You're going to need a light compound or more abrasive polish. I am in the process of treating some on my ride. I just have to find the time, and be sure they won't be getting there again before I use the product. For your windows, toothpaste will do the job sometimes, but I also recommend Bar Keepers Friend as well. Try those and let me know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Believe it or not, I've had my best luck at using household vinegar. Most water spots are just lime. This way you are not using anything harsh or abrasive. I usually wash my car at home, so water spots are a necessary evil. RP

·
Registered
68 Posts
Try a mixture of 50% vinegar and 50% water. I use it on my car and boat. Never leaves any water spots.

·
Registered
55 Posts
usually wash my car at home, so water spots are a necessary evil. RP
No they're not, you just need to know how to properly wash your vehicle. We have awful, hard water where I live yet I never have water spots even without a filtration system.

Anyways, try the suggested solutions first. Water/vinegar is a popular technique but if the water spots have sat long enough they will etch into the surface (paint or glass). If this happens then you will not remove it with vinegar and you will need an abrasive solution. I have had success with a product called Diamondite. Check out this thread I started on a detailing forum documenting my use of the product (before and after pictures included).

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/86965-diamondite-glasswork-kit.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts