Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the aftermarker up and running, what do you think the weakest link is going to be on the new WRX considering "bolt-on's" only?

1.Will the engine internals give up before the tranny?

2.Will the tranny give up before the Internals?

3. I think the clutch is a mute point, but what about the diffs?

Anyone with experience on the older models have any input?
My way of thinking is: It would really suck to have sunk my hard earned cash in a turbo, exhaust, AP, etc. And have to get my car towed home because I blew a rod or tranny at the track.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I would bet that you tear a tranny/clutch up before anything else goes on it. Just my $.02.

Seth

·
Registered
421 Posts
With lots of power and with a stock clutch, your clutch will slip alot, hence ur tranny should remain pretty reliable.

ONce u change ur clutch, much of the power will be transfered, and hence ur tranny may give way.

And then ur engine internals. Generally strong up to 380hp (cos i know of someone running the EJ255 with that power for a while already)

·
Registered
359 Posts
If anyone needs help wearing their clutch down my wife can have it done in less than one full day of parking at the mall.

·
Registered
629 Posts
On MY02 I went through 2 rear Differentials........not cool!! You couldn't do much to that drivetrain without it taking a beating. The tranny was just fine, except for the clutch but that is a give in. I hope not to have the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts