Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't need a car.

Sounds strange, but it's true, for pretty much everyone who lives in the Greater Tokyo area... The numerous trains and taxis will zip you wherever you want to go quickly and efficiently. As I've mentioned several times already, I don't commute to the office during the week by car, it's all train hustle and bustle.

So, I drive purely for pleasure on the weekend, like most people here.

Most people here also do not own cars that share the capabilities of the S-GT (WRX), and few people drive in a "spirited" way. But alas, driving is my thing and it's what I do for fun.

Just a few hours out of the city, there are hills and mountains and in those hills, raods - good, smooth roads that just beg you to gun it a bit. Very few people, very little stuff other than trees, like. It's cool cuase you get a real feeling of privacy out there...

So here's a couple pics snapped by my good friend when we were stopped for a drink of soda in the middle of nowhere. Yeah don't forget it is Japan after all, and yes the drink vending machines really are everywhere...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Banion- Thats awesome what you wrote! It was like a short story about a true driver and his passion for open roads! ;) Cheers to you!! ;D

Nice pix BTW!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow.. scenery over there is something to die for!
Yeah I guess it's alright - I am not sure if that shot is an example of the best scenery there is to experience over here, pretty standard for out in the country maybe, but it's alright eh?

Come, lets go Mt Akina. See whether Takumi there or not. :D
Mt. Akina, Takumi - I am not sure where that is or who that is but sounds interesting - famous places?

Banion- Thats awesome what you wrote! It was like a short story about a true driver and his passion for open roads! ;) Cheers to you!! ;D

Nice pix BTW!!
TKBIGS - thank you for the kind words - I mean it - I actually felt good when I read that I didn't intend it to come across that way +1 to say thanks. I don't know if I am a true driver but I guess I have a pssion for it - maybe that's all you really need eh? We probably all are in our own ways...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mt. Akina, Takumi - I am not sure where that is or who that is but sounds interesting - famous places?
Hehe this a reference to Initial D if I'm not mistaken...

Brilliant scenery! Must be fun!

Ah, Initial D, that comic strip - I get it now :D

Yeah it is fun just the occasional pack of motorcycle dudes (race bikes, touring bikes) some normal cars and a few sportscars doing the same kind of thing - but you're basically alone out there - it's good!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Come, lets go Mt Akina. See whether Takumi there or not. :D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Initial D RoxoR!!! anybody in for an eight-six club??

Banion Sick Pix Man do I wanna live in Japan! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts