Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gang,

Out of bordem and a set of postage scales this is what I have come up with so far:

The Manual: 2lbs. 3oz
The sliding cover (5 door): 3lbs. 8oz
The rear floorboard (covering the spare): 8lbs. 5oz
Jack bucket and crank: 7lbs. 9oz
Spare tire and key: 27lbs. 1oz

Grand Total: 48lbs. 10oz

Almost 50lbs in 2 min. Not bad. Could be useful at the track.

Now to find some light affordable wheels that do not look "ricey".

Any one who has upgraded swaybars happen to weigh the stockers and aftermarket yet?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
my spare and its gear are gonna be removed soon... but it gonna be replace by something that will weight as much

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
The upgraded sway bars do weigh more then the stock bars cause they are heavier duty. but I will say that would be good weight. And much needed.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I drive w/o the spare tyre since day 1 cause the road side emergency services are so good here (small country), there's almost no one changing their tyres on their own on the road side.

But i don't think many people remove their spare tyres over there right? it would be sucky if you're stuck in a middle of a deserted freeway with no phone coverage...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
im gonna go the car audio enthousiasm way... tire sealer and 12V electric pump :D
im the tire blew up then my car come with complimentary CAA Roadside assistance

·
Registered
752 Posts
good info.
on the 1/4 mile, every 100 lbs is ~.10 off your time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
good info.
on the 1/4 mile, every 100 lbs is ~.10 off your time.
So, what you are saying is if I quit eating fast food, and exercise regularly... I can shave off .10 sec? lol, jk but that is true enough. ;D

·
Registered
646 Posts
haha sounds like a new diet to me, market it and gearheads all over the world will buy it, i swear. and remmeber me if u do haha

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does anyone know how heavy the stock 08 hood is? I know that it is not aluminum like previous generations, so a nice aftermarket carbon fiber hood should be able to take a decent amount of weight off the front/up high......

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yea and at the same time its will removed a good amount of weight to your wallet :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
I removed all the stock glass and replaced it with Lexan already, saved 122lbs.

No, no I didn't. You can imagine what it'd be like if I did though ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts