Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey recentely on the 2.5I I had 2 weird occurences, first when shifting to the 2nd the rpm crashed and the car almost died, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a lame ass shift

second, I was backing up, stopped when I pushed the clutch it revved to 3K dor 4-5 secs then dropped back......I am 100% sure I didn't touch the gas pedal and it was quite longer then an accidental push ???

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
This only happened to me when the MAF was about to fry. Hope its not happening to you and you might just have a leak in the housing or something.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check the intake before going to work, Luckily it'S N/A not much to check

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did it again this morning on back-up I also checked the intake wich is thightly fitted....help ::)

·
Registered
84 Posts
My wrx does this every once in awhile. I took to my dealer and they did some research. They talked with the regoinal service manager or some thing like that. Subaru is aware of this acording to my dealer. What they told me was it has to do with the ecu program and subaru is working on the idle control part of the program. This is what my dealer told me.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great thanks I'll ask my dealer at the oil change next week :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
great thanks I'll ask my dealer at the oil change next week :D
If they don't know anything about it, ask them to talk to the regional manager. I'm curious to what he says as I am not sure if I trust my dealer. They're the worst dealer I have ever dealt with. Please let me know!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NP I like my dealer they where great when I had problems with the car I kinda trust them, I'll keep you updated

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2.5i was doing the same thing. I'd clutch in to stop and it would tach up to 2K and back down a few times. On my last oil change I happened to mention it and the service manager said there was a software update to resolve that problem specifically. They only do it to customers who complain about it though, because it doesn't happen to everyone. Free of charge and took 5 mins... my idle is 100% better now.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ouhhhh!!!!! that's good to hear lucky me I read that 2day my oil change is 2morrow :D thanks

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Update? Maybe post elsewhere this might be what alot of people were referring to in terms of ECU reflashes for all Impreza models.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we'll know today my rendez-vous is at 13h

1 - 12 of 12 Posts