Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to add that I am real glad that I went with the lowering. I went 1.5' all round, and although hesitant at first for two different reasons, it has made me happy.

1. I was against the lowering because previously I would never have bothered lowering a car unless it was at least 2 inches or more..

2. Secondly I thought I would trade in the plush ride for bouncy crap!

I can say that 1.5 inches all round is [perfect. The stance is nice, but the ride with a good wheel alignment is making the car turn in sharper and its a lot similar to the H and R set up in that it soft and plush for the the small imperfections of the road but then tightens up on any lean! love it..

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bit off topic: While I was lowering, i saw this R32 skyline with a wide ass kit on it, thought i would share and a number plate, HAVE A BAT!!! hahahaha

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Bit off topic: While I was lowering, i saw this R32 skyline with a wide ass kit on it, thought i would share and a number plate, HAVE A BAT!!! hahahaha
Have a bat? Is that an Australia thing? I'm not sure I get it...

OFF TOPIC = Its been a while, but I recognize those plates anywhere...NSW=New South Wales? Sydney is a helluva town! Where I saw my very first 'Rex' in 1999 (and we didn't have them in the states)

joneSi

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Just wanted to add that I am real glad that I went with the lowering. I went 1.5' all round, and although hesitant at first for two different reasons, it has made me happy.

1. I was against the lowering because previously I would never have bothered lowering a car unless it was at least 2 inches or more..

2. Secondly I thought I would trade in the plush ride for bouncy crap!

I can say that 1.5 inches all round is [perfect. The stance is nice, but the ride with a good wheel alignment is making the car turn in sharper and its a lot similar to the H and R set up in that it soft and plush for the the small imperfections of the road but then tightens up on any lean! love it..
Got any before and after shots? That doesnt look like 1.5" to me ???
The COBB Pics many post look lower, I wonder why that is?

·
Registered
502 Posts
[/quote]

I have to agree that doesnt look like 1.5". It looks similar to the drop you get from pink springs. Maybe it takes some time for the springs to settle more?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
maybe 1.5" shorter than stock but with an increased spring rate which lessened the actual drop.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I got told they need to settle for that little bit extra.. but apparently its 1.5 inch all round and I have to agree if you see its before shot
"all jacked up on mountain DEW!!"
Heres a before pic below..

and the pics above are about 3 hours after the drop.. i'll post another to see if theres any change after a few days?

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to agree that doesnt look like 1.5". It looks similar to the drop you get from pink springs. Maybe it takes some time for the springs to settle more?
[/quote]
Isnt pink springs only 1cm??

I agree its not a massive drop as none of the drops on this site seem to be towards slamming the car, but pink springs?

Cmon now have you seen what a WRX with 18's and not lowered looks like?

You can see on my old rexy that was lowered 2 inches but maybe it settled longer or something..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Drop looks really good, looks about right to me for a set of fresh springs. Should be slightly lower in a few more miles of driving. I'm anti lowering-springs, but they definitely do look nice. I like those wheels. I'm a fan of the mesh style spokes, and I like that sort of grey color they have. Looks good!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Looks to me like the drop I set on my car but I dropped 1.5cm to not alter the suspension geometry. The lower pic looks like its on an un even surface half the tire is in the gutter hence, the seemingly large gap due to suspension travel. Either way looks very nice I would not lower anymore than that anyways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts