Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
I like the idea of red wrx logo on the seats.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I like the idea of red wrx logo on the seats.
I agree, I would like to have the red stiching and logo....but think about it, once you put springs, sway bars, AP ( ProTune) and exhaust we'll be right there.

·
Registered
988 Posts
All I'm missing is springs but I won't touch the spring untill atfermarket struts come out for us.

·
Registered
988 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Did they change the turbo?? VF49??

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
though, a stage 2 09 would smash your faces. I'm hoping that I can just get the 09 turbo, bolt it up, then flash to a stage II map made for an 09 (once I get a TBE of course).

·
Registered
629 Posts
No kidding....Does anyone know what turbo it has?? It is a under powered STi??

·
Registered
382 Posts
"A whole new Animal" folks!

Your '08s were a mistake, you heard it straight from Subaru's mouth.

;)

·
Registered
988 Posts
"A whole new Animal" folks!

Your '08s were a mistake, you heard it straight from Subaru's mouth.

;)
What they mean is we didn't r&d enough on the car and since the 08 people are modding their car and doing the R&D for us we will just do the same.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
The main thing that people were dogging the 08's for was the appearance and the soft suspension (despite the fact that it still handled better than past years). I never thought that they looked that bad actually, and it's not like every other WRX restyling wasn't met with insane criticism at first. Though, it's hard to argue with a WRX that is 265hp out of the box, and I have a hard time believing that people are going to dog on the 09's. People in the US are obsesed with horsepower and only understand straight line power. Very annoying. Either way, I'm pretty excited, I want that turbo, and maybe the struts too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The changes for 2009 shows that Subaru is paying attention. Since all of the magazines have bagged on the 08 for being too soft and too "mature," the 09 should cure most of those problems.

The 41 hp diff would be annoying if it wasn't so easy to make that up on our cars. I bet the turbo is the same one from the LGT. Heck it's already been proven that a good tune on an otherwise stock car is worth around 30 hp.

Me, I prefer the car without the aero kit. I don't care about a sunroof as I never used them when I had them. The red stitching I don't care for, and the suspension is a non-issue since I'll be doing my own anyway.

I was going to do the STI grille, but I got a great deal on a slightly used Sport Grille, so that'll add to the individuality.

I would have been more upset if they had changed the wheels to something better. Never have been fond of the stockers, but haven't found anything in the aftermarket that I like either.

Rob

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
The 41 hp diff would be annoying if it wasn't so easy to make that up on our cars. I bet the turbo is the same one from the LGT. Heck it's already been proven that a good tune on an otherwise stock car is worth around 30 hp.
That's true, but the more aggressive tunes also work the TC's a lot harder, decreasing their service life and reliability. I very highly doubt that they will put a turbo in that they would have to push that hard in order to hit the advertised power. Given that pretty much all of Subaru's turbocharged cars utilize turbos that can comfortably achieve the advertised power, I don't see them changing their habits now. Plus, since warranty repairs cost them money, they naturally place a little more emphasis on things like reliability and minimizing failure rates than the majority of tuners and modders do.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts