Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, all i wanna say is F**K 41 more hp, new aero kit, suspension, sti grill, red stictch and rims.....idk man....i feel like....Betray or something cuz i just bouth the 08 less then 6 month...what you guys feel about this, all i hope is everything that is avalible for 09 will fit the 08

·
Registered
76 Posts
It ruined my day yesterday when I read the 2009 news. I guess with gas prices the way they are their attempt to appeal to a broader market has failed. Now they are trying desperately to recapture the enthusiast crowd they disappointed by making the car softer. I just hope they run good deals like they did with the springs and exhaust to help make the 08' a 09' performance wise.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
oh come on, it won't be that hard to upgrade your 08 to be as good or better than the 09. Suspension mods aren't that complicated, and making more power is somewhat easy on a wrx. It's not the end of the world. I'm actually looking forward to it. Maybe the aftermarket will come out a little faster for the 08+'s with the 09's supposedly being a little more hard edged.

·
Registered
549 Posts
theres still going to be people who will buy a 09 and upgrade their turbro, supsensions, and etc...

then we can get dibs on their stock parts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Now they are trying desperately to recapture the enthusiast crowd they disappointed by making the car softer. I just hope they run good deals like they did with the springs and exhaust to help make the 08' a 09' performance wise.
It all started w/ the looks. Even if they put on an aero kit I doubt ppl flock towards it. It's still either you like it or dont. In other parts of the world, S-GT/WRX comes only w/ what we call the premium lip/side skirts/rear bumper. Maybe Subaru w/ make the premium body standard?
The performance is about the same as the GD models despite being softer. And as mentioned, power isnt really a big issue.

theres still going to be people who will buy a 09 and upgrade their turbro, supsensions, and etc...

then we can get dibs on their stock parts
That may be true, but what if aftermarket parts provide better performance than 09 OE? I'm interested to see what turbo they will use though. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now im kinda stuck, donno if i should mod my rex anymore, cuz i told my wife about the 09 and she told me to trade in the car.i love my 08 but 09 is hard to resist the more sti front look n aero kit.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
ive modded my car to be just as good or better than the 09 so it doesnt really bother me. the red interior stitching bothers me the most!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea the resale price hit me pretty hard too,it kinda downgrade our car to 3rd place. sti>GT>wrx>impreza.

·
Registered
549 Posts
yea the resale price hit me pretty hard too,it kinda downgrade our car to 3rd place. sti>GT>wrx>impreza.
third place with a 5speed manual hehe.. i hear the gt is only going to be auto

·
Registered
988 Posts
now im kinda stuck, donno if i should mod my rex anymore, cuz i told my wife about the 09 and she told me to trade in the car.i love my 08 but 09 is hard to resist the more sti front look n aero kit.....
I didn't buy my car for the resale value.

·
Registered
345 Posts
265?? they are finally rating them correctly now. And we all know that when we get our cars up over the 265 to the wheels mark people will ask you how much hp you have and you'll say 280 to the wheels anyways so its not gonna make a difference.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Wow this sucks. I mean i love my rex and would never trade her in but it just sucks theyve decided to do this a year after they released the 3rd gen rex. They should of done what they are doin to the 09 to the 08. I mean but that would only make sense but I guess only to us subie guys rite? Im a little pissed about this. Subaru seems to like screwing with their 08 customers between the SPT exhaust BS and now this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am not really worried about power, red stitching, gray wheels as I already have STI BBS wheels, and a stage 2 ProTune, but what I am a bit mad about is the moonroof. I know that sounds dumb but when I bought my car that was the only thing that I really wanted and couldn't get. I had the HUGE roof on the LGT Wagon and I miss that. Ok so maybe I am a little mad about the bump in power as well. I kind of feel like they are screwing us over. On the other hand I guess if they only made the 08 spec WRX for one year it would be more rare lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
Since none of this is official yet, I'm reserving judgment until we know what is really going to happen.

Should know t the end of the month, Subaru is giving away an '09 at the X-games.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Let's see..$300 for new exhaust...$250 for CAI...$100 Open source tune...TaDa! Add in new f/r sways, endlinks and double TaDa!

·
Registered
14 Posts
On some level we can't help but wish our cars came off the floor with 265hp but at the same time, I think this is a great thing for Subaru. We're still part of the Subaru family (albeit the red headed step child) and any improvements they make to the car will only benefit us in the long run.

I started to complain to my friend about the improvements and he put it best when he said, "Dude, look at your car, listen to your car (SPT exhaust installed), drive your car. Are you really going to complain to me about it and expect sympathy? Could you be any more of an a**hole right now?"

There's always going to be a better, faster, sleaker, etc. car out there but that doesn't take away from how awesome the car you're driving is. At least we know that if the rumors are true, the '09 WRX should put a beating on the '09 Ralliart.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts