Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what altitude everyone using the Perrin tuned stage1 map is at. I am 3400ft above sea level and im kinda wearing using the perrin stage 1 map. I dont know what the consequences are. Can anyone shed any light?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I believe not as much horspower (5-10?). But you would definifetly feel the difference between stock and stage 1. I'm in MA... about 8' above see level. It really gets up and goes with the stage one.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The air is thinner at higher altitudes so you car has less air to work with, the Perring map is tuned a sea level... being that you are at 3400ft you will most likely never hit max boost set in your map, but the lack of air is relative, you will not see the max advertised boost, but you should see the max boost for your altitude. Your ECU should correct should correct for the higher alitude, less air. Probably one of the biggest issues would be your AFR readings, you don't want to lean out too much.

Did you buy your AP from Perrin? IF you did, they probably would help you correct for altitude.

Do you have thae ability to data log?

Are you going to satge II?

Have you thought about a protune?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did buy from perrin, the high altitude mapping is not gonna be ready for another month. I wont have access to a protune but i have an open source tuner waiting on the DBW Can-bus open port connector/dongle. I do plan on going stage 2.

I went with cobb just for now while i wait on the cable for open source. If Perrin doesnt come out with the stage 1 91 oct high altitude i will just run the cobb OTS map to be safe. The only reason I want to run the perrin map is because the numbers look so great.

Thank you for your response. If anything I will not run the map on high altitude if there is danger of leaning out. The Cobb ots stage 1 map still has the gains I am looking for. As long as i feel something on the Butt Dyno i am satisfied.

Les

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I did buy from perrin, the high altitude mapping is not gonna be ready for another month. I wont have access to a protune but i have an open source tuner waiting on the DBW Can-bus open port connector/dongle. I do plan on going stage 2.

I went with cobb just for now while i wait on the cable for open source. If Perrin doesnt come out with the stage 1 91 oct high altitude i will just run the cobb OTS map to be safe. The only reason I want to run the perrin map is because the numbers look so great.

Thank you for your response. If anything I will not run the map on high altitude if there is danger of leaning out. The Cobb ots stage 1 map still has the gains I am looking for. As long as i feel something on the Butt Dyno i am satisfied.

Les
Good choice... on the Cobb map for now...

Question: "DBW Can-bus open port connector/dongle."
I am running the Tactrix cable, just for data logging purposes, I thought that was the open port dongle for our ECU's? Is it not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts