Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Re: WHAT BOV IS THERE FOR THE 08 SUBARU WRX

no BOV. runs rich and you will keep stalling but one for a mazdaspeed3 will fit but ya you'll have issues and burn out your cats and stalling in a major intersection sucks

·
Registered
421 Posts

You can use the Legacy GT BOVs if youre still interested in getting them.

·
Registered
253 Posts

no BOV. runs rich and you will keep stalling but one for a mazdaspeed3 will fit but ya you'll have issues and burn out your cats and stalling in a major intersection sucks
You only run a *bit* rich during shifts and you won't be stalling. Please stop spouting off useless information.

And I'm running a TurboXS vent to atmosphere BOV and I have perfect idle and drivability

·
Registered
80 Posts

The only good BOV for your car would be a recirc one but the stock one will do the same job so why would you want to spend extra money on a new one. A atmospheric vent one will cause your car to die at low RPMs and also back fire more than you want. Disturbing the piece tickets are not fun.

·
Registered
700 Posts

You only run a *bit* rich during shifts and you won't be stalling. Please stop spouting off useless information.

And I'm running a TurboXS vent to atmosphere BOV and I have perfect idle and drivability
um ya you will stall once in awhile. and the one i had was a turbo xs. thanks. it idled fine but if i had to hit the clutch suddenly or something it would die or come close to it. i hate being right. and if you want the cool sounds get the UR cold air intake and you'll get your swooosh sound

·
Registered
345 Posts

i as many other people would recommend a recirculating bov perrin makes a good one for the 08 wrx check out my buy page its on there. I'd recommend a recirc one but i have heard of people running open airs and no problems.

·
Registered
253 Posts

um ya you will stall once in awhile. and the one i had was a turbo xs. thanks. it idled fine but if i had to hit the clutch suddenly or something it would die or come close to it. i hate being right. and if you want the cool sounds get the UR cold air intake and you'll get your swooosh sound
Maybe you just suck at driving. For the past 3 months, I've never came close to stalling out. Maybe you should get a tune before you blame the BOV on your car or driving skills.

·
Registered
700 Posts

ya i know you need a tune for one . and im actually quite good at driving. the other scooby owners in the area even told me when i 1st put it on its a bad idea. and runiing rich will hurt your cats. ugh i hate internet "thugs".

·
Registered
253 Posts

ya i know you need a tune for one . and im actually quite good at driving. the other scooby owners in the area even told me when i 1st put it on its a bad idea. and runiing rich will hurt your cats. ugh i hate internet "thugs".
I don't have any cats on the car, so it's irrelevant for me. And as I said before, it's only rich for that split second that you shift. Lots of people have been sipping on that nasioc kool-aid

·
Registered
700 Posts

nasioc = gay. wow i so lowered myself to this. -1 on me for fighting with internet kids

·
Registered
253 Posts

nasioc = gay. wow i so lowered myself to this. -1 on me for fighting with internet kids
Sorry you took offense. I'm just posting from the other side of the spectrum where the BOV did not hurt my drivability at all.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts

Heres my $.02.. I'm using the Perrin recirc and don't have any problems. One good thing about this BOV is its adjustable to ur style of driving ( check perrins site for adjusting BOV ). However You don't get the "cool" sound that a fully vent would give you. If your looking for the "cool" sound go w/ the UR or AVO intake. If you realy want a BOV I'll sell you mine ;).

O and 83.. I know were addict boys but,... nasioc has mad useful info. I know what your sayn tho ;). I like to say cyber drama is gay!! PEACE!

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts

Ive had my agency power BOV on for about 3 weeks and have had no issues as 50/50, i havent stalled or nor came close to it. and it sounds awsome. I did a install write up under the do it yourself section, if you would like to take a peek.

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
There have been people who have had problems with BOV's and stalling. It has nothing to do with "drinking nasioc koolaid". I recall at least two 08 owners having this issue. Aside from that, this item is only for show. It provides no benefit (unless running rich between shifts is a benefit) other than a cool sound, which is just lame imo. If you are going to get a bov, at least get a 50/50 one, or just a bpv. I have heard of a few people who's stock bpv's would leak at higher boost levels though, so I'm going to be upgrading to a perrin bpv when I get protuned at some point.
so your going to upgrade even though its just for show as you so put it? and for the lame sound?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
There have been people who have had problems with BOV's and stalling. It has nothing to do with "drinking nasioc koolaid". I recall at least two 08 owners having this issue. Aside from that, this item is only for show. It provides no benefit (unless running rich between shifts is a benefit) other than a cool sound, which is just lame imo. If you are going to get a bov, at least get a 50/50 one, or just a bpv. I have heard of a few people who's stock bpv's would leak at higher boost levels though, so I'm going to be upgrading to a perrin bpv when I get protuned at some point.
so your going to upgrade even though its just for show as you so put it? and for the lame sound?
IMO... BOV It's not worth it. I do like the sound swoosh sound of it, but I just can't get past the effect that the BOV has on your AFR and you can't tune out the richness. The air has already been metered by the MAF sensor before it gets to the BOV and if you vent a portion of that metered air into the atmosphere before it gets to the motor, there is the problem. If you have to have BOV, the 50/50 is the way to go, it is the lessor of evils.

So in the bigger picture, the second or so between shifts, and the affect that it will have on your AFR, not THAT big of a deal. Will it stress the motor a little more, sure it will. Can the motor handle it? I think so... So if you want a "Show off Valve", oh I mean "Blow Off Valve" (I couldn't help myself ;D) go for it.

But on the other hand, there is a safer route... do a little research on a CAI.

Just my .02

1 - 20 of 24 Posts