Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
engage in 1st gear n drive it up to 15 mph set it to cruise control n accelerate , will it shift by itself if i keep accelerating, just curious ;D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is it an automatic? I am assuming that it would keep shifting if it so required. If it's manual, then no way.

·
Registered
421 Posts
same. if it was a manual, it'll be freaky if it shifted itself. hahha and i think automatic it'll shift itself.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i don't think the cruise control activates untill you are going about 30+ mph, at least that how it was on my old car, never tried in this. But automaic will shift unless u have ur shifter set to "1". Manual not gonna shift itself, ever.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
l0l I'd to receive a little mexican midget from Subie to shift for me when I'm cruised L0L this being said in AT unless you but her on hold she should shift by herself :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think my cruise only works in 4th or 5th...at least it did on my 2000 impreza, maybe only 5th actually.

For the sake of your car, please don't try it though...it will accelerate and then hit the rev limiter and cut-out.
its MT n just curious, lol bet some of you though about it be4

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I've never thought about that

in theory it would stop accelerating at the ECU's programmed rev limit

it's not as if it's just a simple "ON" switch for the throttle... it's pretty smart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts