Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rolled over 30,000 miles and also recently went stage 2, and was wondering what the dealer does to the car for the 30,000 mile "scheduled maintenance".

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm not sure what dealers do but we usually follow the severe service since most of our customers drive pretty enthusiastically.

The basics of what we do are:
Coolant Change (pre-3G)
Brake Flush
Gear/Trans/Diffy Fluid Changes
Oil Change w/Filter
Air Filter
Top off Other Fluids
Tire Rotation

For a complete list of what we do on 30k and what fluids we use check us out here:

http://azpinstalls.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=79

-mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got the maintenance done today, and can tell night and day difference in performance with engine and brakes and transmission. Thought was pretty pricey at $700, but I drive this thing like it's a race car so guess I shouldn't complain too much.

·
Registered
243 Posts
got the maintenance done today, and can tell night and day difference in performance with engine and brakes and transmission. Thought was pretty pricey at 0, but I drive this thing like it's a race car so guess I shouldn't complain too much.
Wow, we charge about 1/2 that and use top-shelf stuff. What kind of fluids did they use for that price??? Where are you located?

-mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know what type fluids the dealership used. I went to the Subaru of Kennesaw, Georgia. It is not far outside Atlanta. Definitely going to shop around for future maintenance after this. Plan on getting protune after adding some more parts in future from local shop, will see what they have to offer down the road.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not sure what dealers do but we usually follow the severe service since most of our customers drive pretty enthusiastically.

The basics of what we do are:
Coolant Change (pre-3G)
Brake Flush
Gear/Trans/Diffy Fluid Changes
Oil Change w/Filter
Air Filter
Top off Other Fluids
Tire Rotation

For a complete list of what we do on 30k and what fluids we use check us out here:

http://azpinstalls.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=79

-mike
According to what I've read in the owner's manual, Subaru recommends not changing the coolant until like 100,000 miles. I could be mis-remembering that. It was either 100,000 or never unless you are having problems with cooling.

I just hit 30k on mine and did the tranny and rear diff oils. Engine oil was due, too, so I did that. I'm going to be replacing the front pads and rotors (and will regrease the slider pins), although I'll probably leave the rear brakes alone. I also plan on swapping in stainless steel lines, so I'll do a full brake fluid flush, too. Otherwise, if I could find a PCV valve at the local store (which I seem to not be able to), I'll change that out, I'll clean the MAF sensor, replace the cabin air filter, and probably clean the air filter, too (have a K&N drop-in)

·
Registered
972 Posts
I cannot imagine how they can charge that much for what should cost you a $100. Oil change plus transmission/diff fluids and that's it for 30k. I do coolant/brake fluid every 5 years. The 30k maintenance package is an overkill for the dealer to make money.

Reactions: Brian B

·
Registered
330 Posts
It is all in your owners manual as well, note that since it is the turbo motor, you will be following the severe service condition.

Reactions: Brian B
1 - 11 of 11 Posts