Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post here what you have had fixed under warranty. It helps to know what to look for because some things might go unnoticed.

Format:
Year, trim.
What was fixed and why

2008, WRX

Turbo oil pipe (recall)
Fuel filler pipe ring {I think thats what it is called} (rusted screw).
Rear tail light (moisture)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Re: Warranty - what have you had done?

2008 WRX Hatch

Turbo-oil pipe recall
Clutch-Throw out bearing / Clutch Pressure plate (Wearing too fast/Clutch Pedal squeaking)

so far nothing major

·
Registered
461 Posts

I've had the oil pipe fix recall done.

I would like to also have the throw-out bearing replaced but they won't do that unless they can keep the car overnight and hear the problem first-hand. The problem is I'd have to do this when I knew it was going to rain overnight because it always makes the noise after a good rain overnight. I also need to have it done before next Friday because I'll hit my 36k miles mark after that.

·
Registered
461 Posts

It's most likely the throw-out bearing or pressure plate... one or both. I can't say for sure but it matches other peoples problems. When you push down the clutch pedal to the floor you will hear this squeeling type of noise. It's loud enough that it would distract someone walking by and cause them to look at your car funny.

Mine's been doing that for about 8 months now, and only does this after it's rained outside. Never did this the first year I owned the car.

·
Registered
402 Posts

It's most likely the throw-out bearing or pressure plate... one or both. I can't say for sure but it matches other peoples problems. When you push down the clutch pedal to the floor you will hear this squeeling type of noise. It's loud enough that it would distract someone walking by and cause them to look at your car funny.

Mine's been doing that for about 8 months now, and only does this after it's rained outside. Never did this the first year I owned the car.
Same... it doesnt do it much anymore. It made noise when i was easing the clutch into gear

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Oil pipe recall
Broken sunvisor
front disc wrapped, warranty :D

·
Registered
1,861 Posts

I think we need one thread on what people have had fixed under warranty. It helps to know what to look for because some things might go unnoticed.

Format:
Year, model.
What was fixed and why
2008, WRX

Turbo oil pipe (recall)
Fuel filler pipe ring {I think thats what it is called} (rusted screw).
Rear tail light (moisture)
Was the rear tail light (moisture) an issue? I've noticed moisture, but it hasn't been a problem.

For my warranty work-
Turbo oil pipe (recall)

·
Registered
758 Posts

Steering Wheel Angle Sensor (I removed the airbag when installing Steering Wheel Controls--apparently that trips the sensor???)

Haven't flashed my ECU or anything, but was repaired under warranty. Didn't say what I was doing before the VDC and Hill-assist lights came on though :-X

·
Registered
18 Posts

Just had my entire engine replaced. The dealer said they couldn't take the motor apart but are certain a bearing spun. The oil pan was full of brass/metal shavings and chunks. +My clutch is worn with 19 000km (12000 miles) and the car has been babied since we got it. Subaru told me to fly a kite and they wouldn't warranty the clutch. I also had a flange break off of my SPT exhaust due to a bad weld. I had it welded myself. Subaru told me again to fly a kite and said I was lucky to have even had my engine warrantied because of the SPT exhaust. Subaru Canada will apparently void the warranty if SPT parts are installed. I have been out of a car for 2 weeks and my girlfriend is livid because she uses it to get to work every day. The service I received from Subaru Canada is the worst I've ever experienced. These cars retail for almost $40k after taxes up here. You'd think for that kind of money, they would do something to keep me happy. I am a business owner and understand how these things work. I was very patient with the dealer and Subaru but after this experience, I would never purchase another Subaru vehicle for as long as I live!

·
Registered
122 Posts

Just had my entire engine replaced. The dealer said they couldn't take the motor apart but are certain a bearing spun. The oil pan was full of brass/metal shavings and chunks. +My clutch is worn with 19 000km (12000 miles) and the car has been babied since we got it. Subaru told me to fly a kite and they wouldn't warranty the clutch. I also had a flange break off of my SPT exhaust due to a bad weld. I had it welded myself. Subaru told me again to fly a kite and said I was lucky to have even had my engine warrantied because of the SPT exhaust. Subaru Canada will apparently void the warranty if SPT parts are installed. I have been out of a car for 2 weeks and my girlfriend is livid because she uses it to get to work every day. The service I received from Subaru Canada is the worst I've ever experienced. These cars retail for almost k after taxes up here. You'd think for that kind of money, they would do something to keep me happy. I am a business owner and understand how these things work. I was very patient with the dealer and Subaru but after this experience, I would never purchase another Subaru vehicle for as long as I live!
Word. They told me the same thing when my clutch went on my '08 @ 8700 kms. They said that it failed due to driver abuse and that they wouldn't cover it. When I told them I was taking them to CAMVAP (canadian auto maker vehicle arbitration program) they finally settled with me. Oh, and after replacing the clutch, the new one has had over 32k kms put on it without a problem. Driver abuse my ass... Regardless, any good will I had towards Subaru Canada is long gone. Oh and he is right: Subaru Canada does NOT warranty SPT parts up here.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Yea but there a difference between the SPT parts not being warranty and a non-related to the SPT parts problem not being warranty because you have SPT stuff on the car

ex:
i can understand them not covering your SPT spring and not covering the strut if it blew up
i can understand them not covering the SPT catback if the welding failed
but i dont understand not covering a clutch because you have a SPT catback

i do have SPT catback, pink spring and Hawk HPS pads and they did change my wrapped front rotors under warranty without any problem and any question asked

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Just had my entire engine replaced. The dealer said they couldn't take the motor apart but are certain a bearing spun. The oil pan was full of brass/metal shavings and chunks. +My clutch is worn with 19 000km (12000 miles) and the car has been babied since we got it. Subaru told me to fly a kite and they wouldn't warranty the clutch. I also had a flange break off of my SPT exhaust due to a bad weld. I had it welded myself. Subaru told me again to fly a kite and said I was lucky to have even had my engine warrantied because of the SPT exhaust. Subaru Canada will apparently void the warranty if SPT parts are installed. I have been out of a car for 2 weeks and my girlfriend is livid because she uses it to get to work every day. The service I received from Subaru Canada is the worst I've ever experienced. These cars retail for almost k after taxes up here. You'd think for that kind of money, they would do something to keep me happy. I am a business owner and understand how these things work. I was very patient with the dealer and Subaru but after this experience, I would never purchase another Subaru vehicle for as long as I live!
What dealer? The Dealer here in Ottawa has been pretty good so far to me.

I had the same issue with my SPT exhaust. Subaru Canada can't even spell SPT so I got mine fixed at a muffler place. Now the other side of the flange needs to be fixed but it looks like it got bent somehow. I guess I hit something with it but I never noticed it.
I Started this thread about it.
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php/topic,5890.0.html

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Was the rear tail light (moisture) an issue? I've noticed moisture, but it hasn't been a problem.
No I didn't have any issues other then the moisture. I wanted to have it fixed before it became an issue and before the warranty was up. I've herd that eventually it will cause the plastic to look fuzzy, discolor and the bulb to burn out.

·
Registered
74 Posts

09 WRX sedan

3,000 miles......Entire engine replacment, spun rod bearing.

5,000 miles......New or rebuilt tranny, I lost 1st gear, couldnt engauge. Mechanic said 1st gear had mushroom tips on gear edge. Never abused.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts

Format:
Year, model.
What was fixed and why

2008, WRX, hatch (the bestest!)

Turbo oil pipe (recall)
2 sets of front struts (pinks)
1 set of rear struts ( Pinks)
steering rack and pinion (spool valve exploded) no idea what the hell a spool valve is

thats all so far. hope nothing else goes boom

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

2008 wrx
16500 miles
turbo oil line recall
thats the only problem so far!!

1 - 20 of 148 Posts