Subaru WRX Forums banner

101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey guys I'm having problems with 09 wrx. I've been running the TP stage 2 plus intake tune with a turboback and aem intake and lately the rpms have been flying up when i hit boost. I've even took the intake off and detuned it to stage 2 and the rpm's still fly up i have no clue what is wrong. Every time i take it to subaru they say my clutch is fine etc

·
Registered
490 Posts
holy shit... glad i didn't read this before i bought my car.

2010 wrx clutch,throwout, and flywheel replaced at 9k miles. was completely stock. throwout is starting to chirp again... just a little.. when it's been cold for a while and i haven't driven much.

front bumper is not staying clipped under passenger headlight now. =\

having troubles with my stage 2 tune... knock/ predet. about to go to cobb to get protuned. i guess open source isn't working out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Re: What has warranty covered for you?

holy shit... glad i didn't read this before i bought my car.

2010 wrx clutch,throwout, and flywheel replaced at 9k miles. was completely stock. throwout is starting to chirp again... just a little.. when it's been cold for a while and i haven't driven much.

front bumper is not staying clipped under passenger headlight now. =

having troubles with my stage 2 tune... knock/ predet. about to go to cobb to get protuned. i guess open source isn't working out.
I got help from a bunch of guys here...check my post about bumpers.

Apparently its held on by a few clips...maybe you can DIY ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
2010 WRX Stock

Clutch/TOB replaced under warranty @ 20k <--- glad to see I'm not the only one.
Tie rods replaced under warranty @ 21k, however this did not fix the issue... I am thinking motor mount now and taking it back asap.

Service manager 'The clutch was badly worn, most likely due to driving the car the way it was intended to be driven. Let's call it a faulty part.'

·
Registered
324 Posts
I got a new set of dunlop SP's at 3000 miles because they had premature wear, it was quit a fight with SOA and the dealer. Luckily im persistent and I get what i want.

I also had the front caliper, rotor, and pad replaced because there was a rust spot i didnt like on the caliper.

I was at the dealer yesterday because one of the foglights cracked unbenounced to me. They said something hit it, yea ok. Thats why there isnt a scratch on it or the bumper.

SOA = cheap sons of bitches

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Im having my rear struts replaced this weekend under warrenty... ive got 18k miles and they are leaking....

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Clutch and Flywheel replaced at around the 20K mark. Weather stripping on the inside of door. Had a guy here in El Paso get his entire car repainted (2010 WRX) under warranty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
2010 wrx
mods in signature
10000 miles
Entire car repainted (Warranty)

Spots all over the hood, roof, trunk, and spoiler. Looked like hard water spots but not.
I first took the car to the dealer that I bought it from and they told me since I did not get the paint protection plan that I was screwed. I recently moved to El Paso and took it to the local dealer. The Subaru representative here said "that's not right" and got the car repainted under warranty.
Clutch and Flywheel replaced at around the 20K mark. Weather stripping on the inside of door. Had a guy here in El Paso get his entire car repainted (2010 WRX) under warranty.
One step ahead of you ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
trans rebuild at 40k because the dumb bastards drained the trans and didnt refill it. axle seal at 41k also stock cat at 41k

·
Registered
525 Posts
Somehow the bluetooth broke in the stock HU so they are going to replace it... I should pull a Trubo and have them replace the entire brake pads/calipers/rotors assembly, lol. Guess I'd rather just wait and use up all my good favor for when the clutch goes!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where do I start? 2009 Wrx WRBlue premium hatch.

Engine replacement at ~2800 miles. (Due to rod bearing blow out)
Arm rest, drivers side door plastic broke, replaced door panel.
Throwout bearing replaced due to chirping noise. (First time)
Rear window washer spray stopped working, apparently got disconnected some how? Fixed.
Drivers map light button wouldn't click. Panel replaced.
Throwout bearing replaced, chirping again. (Second time)
Dash power socket never worked. Replaced. (Had to tear out whole dash)
Throwout bearing replaced, again due to chirping noise. Also replaced clutch this time. (Third time)
Drivers seat began to squeak/become lose. Replaced seat back, still squeaked. (Managed to scratch steering wheel leather in process, wheel repaired). Replaced seat mounting frame. Squeak gone, paint scratched on door sill, had to be touched up.
Fog light switch, when clicked on, switch would flicker on and off. Replaced the whole turn signal arm.

Throwout bearing has now started to chirp slightly again. I can look forward to it getting louder, same as before, and having it replaced again in the next few months.

I know I am missing something else...

I am afraid of keeping this car once the warranty is up, which really is a shame since it is as fun to drive car.

·
Registered
925 Posts
2009 Satin White Pearl Hatch Base

200mi - Turn signal bulb
15000 - Engine replacement
30000 - Autodim Rearview Mirror w/ Compass
33000mi - A/C clutch
35180mi - Firewall welded & new Clutch assembly ... woot!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Turbo Inlet Pipe
Passenger Side Axle (leaked at boot, finally gave up the ghost)

The dealer incorrectly diagnosed a front O2 sensor gone bad (as an Inktake leak) and I replaced it myself, even though I have 100k warranty and was at 24,500 miles... if they can't figure that out, I don't really want them touching my car.

101 - 120 of 148 Posts