Subaru WRX Forums banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well, warranty isn't fully covering this so I don't know if there is another spot for it, but there has been an agreement with a 'goodwill' split of the cost through SOA and my dealership and myself. I sport a $3800 bill for replacing the engine, turbo, clutch and flywheel at 17,000 miles...

Started up the car and saw white smoke plume out of the tail pipes "WTF?!" I let it idle a minute and it died down some. Then tagged the gas a bit and more smoke roared out.... Had it towed it and was super late for work. Didn't take off the EBCS and reflash to stock like a tool so they said cause is "increased boost pressure"... OK, so how does that explain the cracked turbo housing that was leaking coolant into my exhaust?! And then the engine overheated and out of rounded cylinder #1 likely while they were data logging the car I brought in on a trailer instead of driving it. They were doing WOT pulls for who knows how long since they saw 18 PSI and it was spooling so slow that you wouldn't see that pressure until 5K + RPM's... I'm sure that helped super heat the engine. "you're lucky you caught it early"... "really? because it seems like it's broken to me..." So two weeks of the parts having been delivered to the dealership and NOTHING has been touched on reassembly. I have to put the entire car back to stock in order for it to be covered under the Powertrain warranty again and that little task is an extra $800.

So yeah, I'm having a great time dealing with SOA and this dealership. As a bonus they have an older STI on the lot with a stage 2 set up and COBB AP for sale with a warranty... go figure that shit out. :-_-:

·
Registered
215 Posts
TC light, Hill Assist light, and ABS light came on, faulty brake light switch. Replaced under warranty. Car has 35,190 miles on it right now.

Almost done with the 36K bumper to bumper but curious to see if there is a TSB on this that would have covered it after you reached 36K miles. Seems to be a common issue, general consensus is that it is caused by moisture.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
I stopped going to the dealer when I hit 10k. All the Subaru dealers around me suck, so ivejust fixed everything on my own. So far everything that has broke there have been better aftermarket parts to replace it with.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
^exactly
They dont want to be accountable, because it costs them money. They will do anything, lie, change service reports, ect.

Sucks how just about any mods blow your warranty out of the water.

·
Registered
67 Posts
At 11,000 mi my short block was replaced due to a porous casting. Oil was seeping on the passenger side.
2010 wrx with stg1 reflash.
Of course it was returned to stock before I took it in for repairs. No reason to give them an excuse to deny my repair. The oil was leaking from day one on this car but had been getting progressively worse so I finally took it in. It started with a single drop of oil that I found on my break-in oil change and just couldn't figure out where it came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
2010 WRX

I've had the drvers side reverse lamp replaced twice. *my dealership tried to tell me water in it was normal.

The rear washer stopped spraying. They fixed a pinched hose, it got pinched by the spoiler somehow.

I felt something pop in my seat one day, brought it in and they literally wouldn't do anything for me. I complained about the car revving up by itself, they did nothing. I complained about snow getting caught up in the tunnel and causing excess NVH till it melted out. Obviously they couldn't do anything. I have yet to complain about the clutch noise on cold mornings because I don't want to be without my car. I'll wait till it get worse.

I'm doing my 30k service soon, I'll give the car a thorough inspection and see if I can get some last min things replaced with the bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
20000 miles and two more things replaced under warranty.

2010 wrx stage 2

The brake light switch went bad which seems to be a fairly common problem. Dealer ordered the part just waiting for it to come in.

Driver side sun visor lost all tension so it would not stay in the upright position.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dealer fixed the "dreaded speaker rattle". Didn't have time to fix the brake switch. Now the stitching is coming unraveled in the center of the drivers seat. (red thread) RP

·
Registered
525 Posts
I went in to the dealership three time about how my damn brakes were squeaking FR side. They said pads were all good and couldn't reproduce the sound, but it would do it off the lot every time. So soon I was metal to metal on the rotor and caliper >.< The next time they replaced that rotor, re-surfaced the other 3, and replaced all the brakes. But I had to buy my own air filter :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got a rotor(s) that seems to be warped. Also some of the stitching on my drivers side front seat is coming "unstitched". I'm hoping that if they replace the rotors they let me give them my own (new) pads to put back on. RP

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well, I made a different thread call "this was really scary" to go into more detail, but there are quite a few parts being replaced under warranty due to a mechanical failure the dealership is owning up to. Parts being replaced under warranty are:

Axle
cv boot
front passenger control arm/ball-joint with the damn pin on the bolt this time please! (dealership suspects that is what fell out and caused the failure)
front passenger side fender
front bumper
and however many little plastic clips and what-nots that likely flew off and won't be noticed...

Holy f*** am I tired of posting in these threads.... look at my count on this page alone. I am going to have to part ways with this particular vehicle really really soon unfortunately. I'm getting way too close to the 36K mile/2 year warranty to even consider paying for this many repairs out of my own pocket once it's up. And you probably don't have to ask if my confidence has been more than just a bit shaken. I already paid 4K for the new engine, turbo, clutch, and hoses they charged me out the ass for. Then had to deal with the multiple trips about the brakes, and then I almost have a major accident due to this mechanical failure, that I am now haunted by every day thinking of what if I was on the highway when that happened (since 90+% of my driving is highway and in excess of the speed limit). It's like a $40,000 nightmare, and it's not even the STI dammit!!! WTF Subaru?! You're losing me. Faaaaddddddiiiiiinnnnnngggggg I'm fading out on this scene pretty quick unless they make shit really good with me. Mother fucking stressing me out just thinking about it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
2010 wrx stage 2

Clutch crapped on me at 21k miles, was replaced with no questions asked. Have to go back in soon for drivers side lock/unlock button that stopped working.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am almost a year out of my 3 year 36,000 mile (a 4 year old 08 with 25,000 miles) and I took the car into my dealer for a clutch pedal squeak and they replaced everything, clutch, pressure plate,etc. $520 in parts, cost me nothing. my pressure plate was scorched, not sure why since I seldom launch. 2or 3 times when learning the car I smelled clutch. I have a great dealership, I am going to send them a ham or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 US SPEC-WRX

Clutch+Pressure Plate for Clutch Pedal Vibration at 4000miles. Didn't even help with the vibration!

Fixed in Canada for $1300CAD, claimed US Warranty and received $980US . Beware buying from US if you will ever need warranty.

·
Registered
447 Posts
new clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing @ 30k miles

·
Registered
12 Posts
Water pump at ~2,100 miles.

Smelled coolant under the hood, but couldn't find any leaks. Took the car into the dealership and they found the water pump was leaking and the bearings were starting to fail. Car now has ~4,500 miles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
weak as clutch in old 09 wrx at 3k miles

121 - 140 of 148 Posts