Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is an expensive upgrade and i don't think there is any room for " this should work " in this post.

what are you guys running?

what has already been bolt on and actually fits our model year? are other model years interchangeable? relocation of oil filter? etc....

i am interested mostly in equal length header for power gains, i know you will loose the subie sound but the whp gains is what counts to me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
anything that's available to 05-08 LGT

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
do you mind loosing the "boxer" sound ? because it what you will get if you go will equal lenght header

·
Registered
706 Posts
Will headers for the sti fit on the Wrx?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
you won't really find that much improvement until you go EL. You loose the subie sound but if your looking for a gain that is the best bet.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the flow area, from the size of the 4 to 1 headers available, has to be advantegous enough to consider them as a performance upgrade. better flowing = better performance equal or non equal length in design. i have changed my mind as far as equal length goes... don't want to go down that road personally anymore. it has been a long time since this thread was originally posted and i have been looking hard for un equal length aftermarket headers that are affordable. so going the cheap route... non of the ebay sellers could tell me if the header they were selling was unequal if asked. :mad: anyways... anyone know of an affordable low budget unequal length header out there or selling one? anyone? buehler? anyone?

·
Registered
706 Posts
hks and greddy both make unequal lungth for the sti which in theory should fit

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
DC sports are UEL Megan Racing, OBX also UEL :)

Thought I'd throw in that UEL vs EL headers are about a 5whp difference in favor of EL and tend to make more of a difference powerband and performance-wise on an NA as opposed to Turbo vehicles.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Headers really don't do much on our cars. The ones i've seen just shifted performance up the power band. Gain in HP at the expense of Torque and spoolup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts