Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its pretty much like the subject says. I know I need to replace the awful stock grill and I'm thinking of using the sports grill to do it. However rather then doing blue on blue I'm thinking of getting a black grill for the blue car. Better yet I thought it might be cool to have it customer painted a flat black as opposed to stock gloss black.

Any thoughts? Am I a fool for considering this? Or better yet anyone good at photoshop that can put a mockup together?

·
Registered
369 Posts
You might just want to consider the STi grill then. It already comes half flat black, while the top piece is silver. You could always just spray the top piece flat black and consider it done.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
but the STi grille style is a different design, more plastic and less mesh + a bigger logo which you cannot change like the sport which is the same logo size than older impreza

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Seen the route you are going for and IMO it looks pretty darn good.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ah, I always forget about that gigantic Subaru emblem haha!

·
Registered
253 Posts
What you might want to try is this...

See if you can grab one off of ebay. There are some that are on their that are a flat-black appearance because they are just the raw material. Buy it, and then install it. If you dont like it, paint it blue. If you do like it, seal it with some flat black paint! Either way, it will cost you less than if you bought it from the dealer!

·
Registered
369 Posts
^^^ OOORRRRR

Photoshop it :D

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I don't think it'll look good as the black on the sport grill will be glossy. A non-gloss matte finish would look better.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i was thinking of doing something similar but opposite i guess. i was thinking of painting my chrome splitter black and having black tail lights on my WRB hatch. i say +1 for doing something unique. SO many subaru's all look alike so i always try and break the norm. i say GO FOR IT!! maybe tinting your headlights with the black grill would be a nice touch

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input guys, once I make I do something I'll update this thread with pictures. Still undecided...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts