Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What "little things" have you done to your car to personalize it?

Just wondering what little things everyone has done to their vehicles to make them "yours" - particularly interested in the cheaper or homemade/DIY things that add a little bit of personality.

For instance, I put a red pin stripe in my grill and rear diffuser:

View attachment 15020

View attachment 15015

View attachment 15008

And I really like the stickers I put in the rear corner window:

View attachment 15013

What have you guys done?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: What "little things" have you done to your car to personalize it?

Pics or it didnt happen!

·
Registered
150 Posts

I painted my grill "wings" flat black as well as the rear chrome "thing-a-ma-jig". When the weather gets warmer the rear emblems are coming off and the WRX on the grill and trunk are getting red paint. Also too the Agency Power sticker that came with my cat-back on my alternator cover as well as angry rally pigs on the rear side windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I like the painted grill... I'd do the same if I could figure out how to remove it without making a big production out of it.

·
Registered
666 Posts

I put an IC screen on mine and added the WRX logo. Very subtle, but if you look down it you can see it very well. It has saved my IC from two birds now lol.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thats cool! That might go on my to-do list once it warms up.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Hey Elwray what part of central jersey ya from. I'm in linden.
I like the red striping on the rear.

·
Registered
150 Posts

I like the painted grill... I'd do the same if I could figure out how to remove it without making a big production out of it.

its simple...literally took about 10 min to remove then install after painted. there are i believe four small screws that line the top edge of the grill that needs to be taken off that are a little tricky but if you have patience it will go fine. i used black plasti-dip for that piece as well as the chrome truck strip. if you dont mind the flat black color on the grill its the best bet because plasti-dip builds itself up thicker than regular paint so if there are any scuffs or chips taken out from driving all you need to do is clean it really good and throw another layer or two on.

soon to come will be plasti-dipped chrome underlining that are under the side windows...as you can tell, i don't like chrome on my car at all haha

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I'm lucky with the 09 hatch that the rear comes paint matched and no chrome strips. I'll give it a shot taking it out without removing the bumper thanks for the info!

@Dragonfueled - I live right down the road from Raceway Park in Englishtown. Exit 8A on the Turnpike (cliche giving my turnpike exit? LOL)

·
Registered
150 Posts

np...easiest thing would b to search on youtube lol

·
Registered
749 Posts

I REALLY like the way the rear end looks debadged, definitely one of my favorite aesthetic mods that I've done so far.

I've also done the mesh hood scoop insert, sprayed with plasti-dip.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Ahh cool maybe when e town opens we can get a track night going.

Ok so i did the rear LED strip light in the hatch. Came out great and is very useful.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Also added a block heater lol , sti mirrors with turn signals,eBay grill that I painted with the same paint used for the mirrors, garage door moulding lower lip, amber fog overlays,blue tinted headlight overlay,full 3m clear shield on the entire front end and the i emblem behind the grill on the post. Don't mind the snow tires and wheels lol

·
Registered
129 Posts

Ok so i did the rear LED strip light in the hatch. Came out great and is very useful.
Great!!!!!! sold that idea to subaru right now........i want it in stock car NOW!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

me and '10rex' are the only ones in the our area who has a red and black subie emblem :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
418 Posts

Debagdged with the WRX Decal and TXS exhaust. Dont mind the winter rims/tires haha. I really like the way it looks with no badges and the WRX decal. Gotta get a CF piece to cover that chrome piece up!

·
Registered
46 Posts

This is a GREAT idea. I was thinking the back isn't well lit at all. What power wire did you tap into, or did you run new?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts