Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'd like everyone's opinion on where I go next with the car. Currently, I am sitting at 102k miles...motor still runs great, ever so slightly doesn't feel as powerful as it used to but hey, what can be expected for stage 2.52 for 72k miles. I change the oil every 4k like clock work with t6, do 90% highway, hit max boost maybe a few times a week, and just try to treat the car well and not beat it to shiz.
Now I'm itching to start moving into more mods esp since the car is paid off.

My current mod list:

SGP Optional Front Lip
Magnaflow CBE
VF-52
Torqued Performance Stage 2.52 tune
Progress Springs
Koni Struts
Perrin F/R Sways
AEM DryFlow Filter
WeatherTech
Perrin 1-Piece DP
Torque Solutions Pitch Stop
Rota DPT 17x9
245/40 Sumitomo HTRZ III
StopTech SS Lines & Pads

Now what I am looking to move forward to is:
new motor build with a vf48 (aiming for 350whp and keeping it mostly oem for DD reliability)
18x8.5 rota grid in bronze OR 18x8.5 rota dpt in bronze
brembos f/r
roof vane spoiler + paint match
feal coils (the progress springs and konis are starting to suck, might be on their way out)
jdm yellow fogs from SMY
GTSPEC D steering wheel
roof rack (for aesthetics only) or matte black wrap for roof
and finally, a nice thorough professional detail
DONE

I have my yearly bonus coming and can probably pull from that 1500 because I want to put the rest away into savings. I'm having a hard time figuring out which mod to move forward with next.

If I don't do a new motor, I will have to get the timing belt/water pump/accessory belt done since its approaching in a few k miles. But the way I was figuring, if I do the build, that'll be money saved on the timing belt/water pump etc and all, put into the build.
But on the flipside, the motor is still running pretty good, so maybe I can continue to save for the build and go with another mod.

Ugh, what do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'd stick with the VF52. The 48 has a slightly better bearing design, but it isn't BB (assuming that's why you want it - that's why I wanted it, lol).

I say go with the TP Stage 3 setup plus headers and maybe EWG for reliability reasons. No need to squeeze the life out of your VF for a number. :) If you are still craving power then head on over to TopSpeed mister for a consultation.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the suggestions good sir

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you are doing an engine build, I would probably include ebcs, ewg, elh, you could do an intake but its not really necessary. Definitely upgraded intercooler, if a 20g or bigger id go fmic for future room, if not a tmic will suffice. Pump, injectors (1000s), and maybe e85?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts