Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Perrin stage one map and was wondering what my AFR's should be and how i read them on the access port.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Just installed the Perrin stage one map and was wondering what my AFR's should be and how i read them on the access port.
Perrin usually shoots from the low to mid 12 range under WOT. Idle still at 14.7 due to closed loop idle mixtures.
To get to it from the AP. Choose "live data" and there should be a list. select air fuel ratio and monitor :)

Hope this helps you

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe i am reading it wrong or my intake is messing everything up. Right now at idle its at 14.5. the numbers on the bottom go from about 12.2 up to 20. any help here?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
the numbers on the bottom? WOT should be anywhere from 11-11.5 ideally, ideal idle is 14.7 I believe. As for your intake, unless you are tuned for it, yes, it is messing things up at least slightly. However, that may not really matter depending on your car and the maf location on the intake. I personally wouldn't run an intake without a tune, especially on a turbocharged car.

·
Registered
700 Posts
maybe i am reading it wrong or my intake is messing everything up. Right now at idle its at 14.5. the numbers on the bottom go from about 12.2 up to 20. any help here?

12.2 is fine under WOT. are you seeing the high numbers (20) when you let off the gas? if so thats fine

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gonna have to look at it more and see. Thanks for the help. What i meant by the numbers at the bottom, i think it tells the highest and lowest AFR numbers that i hit.

·
Registered
700 Posts
gonna have to look at it more and see. Thanks for the help. What i meant by the numbers at the bottom, i think it tells the highest and lowest AFR numbers that i hit.

you would be correct. the AP does that on almost everything it reads

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
True, so in that case you are fine. 12.2 WOT, and 20 in between shifts.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
i spiked to 15 under WOT one time. still to this day have no clue as to why. ???
If it only happened once, I would figure it would have happened before Perrin's 100mile learning time period.
But yeah 15 is pretty high under WOT.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
the numbers on the bottom? WOT should be anywhere from 11-11.5 ideally, ideal idle is 14.7 I believe. As for your intake, unless you are tuned for it, yes, it is messing things up at least slightly. However, that may not really matter depending on your car and the maf location on the intake. I personally wouldn't run an intake without a tune, especially on a turbocharged car.
This is also true, if you either have a Pro-Tune or running stage 2 maps. They run richer due to the higher boost and because the higher flow cat, or no cat at all, lets the carbon out faster than the OEM one.
Perrin stage 1 wise though, 12-12.7 is their target range.
I used the Racetune software from COBB to hit low 11 AFRs and 18.5 target boost on my STi with CAI and CBE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts