Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was rly looking and there is nowhere i can put a sub in to the car without loosing trunck space besids under the seat what size can i fit in there does any1 have the OEM sub under the seat how strong is that thing and what size is it the box and the sub

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
hypothetically speaking... would a JL 13.5" TW5-3 really fit? i mean under the drivers seat. Im pretty short so i have it cranked to max height and slid pretty far forward, but theres still only like 5in clearance there. leave 1 1/4" for speaker displacement from the box to max extension this means the box is gonna be 3 3/4 in tall. the speaker would fit, but could i get ti to be .8 cubic ft without taking away all the foot space?

·
Registered
954 Posts
well, idk how many of you have actually taken a good look under the seats. i did the other day cause i got an amp and i wanted to mount it there, basically no room at all under there. i wouldnt try to mount anythng besides a tiny amp or the suby sub under there. i was pretty dissapointed. so if anyon is considering goin this route, i highly reccomend measuring out under your seat, or making a mock up out of card board of what you want to put under there just to get an idea of how tight it is going to be

·
Registered
48 Posts
Supposedly JL Audio is coming out with a 10" TW5 but currently there is no release date. A 12" model is scheduled to come out in January. I would guess both the 10" and the 12" would require less than 0.8 cubic feet. I'm guessing the best bet is probably the ten but you would almost have to use a fiberglass box. 3/4" MDF will eat up your space under the seat real quick.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have you considered just getting a small prebuilt sub/box combo that can easily be removed from the trunk? That way you can mount your amps under the seat. When you need your trunk you can just disconnect the speaker wire and take your sub out. That's what I am going to do. Here is the sub I am going to use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts