Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see the cobb springs have good drop and the pink sti ones don't have as much but i'm really looking for perforance and a lil bit of lower ride at an affordable price

any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I haven't searched a lot but I'm planning on STI pink because they aren't as low as the cobb wich will be good 'cause I planned on keeping 'em in winter. more to that I've had positives feedback form members who have them! but that's my personal choice ;)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I would suggest the sti pinks...they look really good after they settle-out. Courteau has 18" wheels and the fender gap is perfect imho...also, cobb increases the spring rate by 15% front and 10% rear or something...sti springs are by 25% front and rear.

Oh yeah, and STI pinks are half the price of cobbs for a limited time...and they won't ruin your warranty.

Yes, the cobbs will look lower, but a lowered ride doesn't always handle better than a slightly higher one.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
just ordered my Pinks at the dealer will get them thuesday next week ;D can't wait I'll do a before/after pic ;)

·
Registered
217 Posts
if u r looking @ getting the same spring rate as the STi pink but want it to be abit lower... u can look into swift springs... i believe they have the same springs rate as the pink but it will lower the car 1" all around...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
The thing i don't like about the STi springs is the fact that the drop is hardly anything at all. Right now if I were to get a spring it would be the swift springs. However, I prefer progressive springs so I am waiting for something else with a drop at 0.5-1in.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The STi springs won't give you a significant drop...it's all about the ride and handling they provide.....the Swift spring are .75" all around. I have the Cobb on my car and I love them, but I do like the "lower" look the give. Plus I didn't want to drop 2g's on coilovers. ;D

·
Registered
102 Posts
just ordered my Pinks at the dealer will get them thuesday next week ;D can't wait I'll do a before/after pic ;)
Dealer? Were you able to get that intro sale?
sorry I do not understand the question :-[
When I called my dealer and asked if they could get it for me, they said they can but they'll charge me the full ~$400 price. So I ordered online at http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/ for $158.

I was wondering if your dealer would sell you the springs for $158 as opposed to full retail price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
just installed the swifts on saturday... great drop, imo..not too much..not too little..sorry for the crappy pic..cant find the charger for my camera..

shadow is a little misleading..havent really driven with them aside from a 2 minute drive after i was done.. def handles betterthough..not too rough..

·
Registered
44 Posts
no aftermarket sways.... (cant spend too much money on this car....that's what the track car is for ;) )...

install is pretty simple..cobb has a pdf with install instructions... it cant really be much simpler.. only issue is that the front springs are only a few coils, and i could not figure out how to get a spring compressor to work... so that was the only hiccup..i just employed a method i've used in the past.. (and i'm sure someone might come up with a million reasons not to do this..but i cant find any).. i use an air wrench and take the main nut off the assembly while the weight is on the car.. then when the car is jacked up...the pressure is slowly released from the spring... the assembly is easy to reassemble without a compressor if you have another set of hands.. the front droops enough to get the longer assembly out.. the rear, i had to go an extra step and unbolt the bottom of the hub to get more droop on the lower control arm.. hit me up with any questions..

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
well I received mine at the dealer today but they are black aren'T sti pinks supposed to be pink?

·
Registered
217 Posts
yes the STi pink springs should be pink... do you think they gave you the 08 STi springs instead?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
yes the STi pink springs should be pink... do you think they gave you the 08 STi springs instead?
Sounds like thats what happend. As long as you havnt installed them, you should be able to return them and get the correct ones with no hassel.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Sounds like thats what happend. As long as you havnt installed them, you should be able to return them and get the correct ones with no hassel.
yup I got the 08 sti springs instead will they fit?? I must be at the dealer at 4 to check if they fit

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Aye it's done and it's a perfect fit I love it the drop is almost 1/2 inch maybe 1/16 lower in the back and stiff as hell the difference is not breathtaking but still the change is more than noticable now I need sports seats ;) so to compare to STI pinks (that I haven't tried, but based on what I read) they should feel about the same difference being these are 100% more expansive but are still covered by the subie warranty so hey I'll keep 'em ;)

(keep in mind that I have stock rims/tires 16'' and that pics aren't that good I'll take more later

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I tried to get the rates yesterday at the dealer to make sure it fits but they couldn't give 'em to me ??? I thought they would drop a little more as they brake in I'll wait a few days and take new pics :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts