Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
OE units will fit but they have design differences like some have cats others dont and diameter differences. They will "fit" each other however.

From Perrin:

Product Description
PERRIN has been known since our inception for the quality of our up-pipe. After all it was the first part we ever released and has been a leader in this market ever since. We have always used the finest materials and maintained proper size, shape and tolerances to make every installation a breeze. Made from 321 stainless steel and 1/2” flanges this is guaranteed not to warp, leak or fail. Power increases are consistent and strong. Our up-pipe is still one of the best and first ways to increase the power and throttle response on your Subaru.

Fits all:
WRX 2002-2009
STi 2004-2009
Legacy GT 2006-2007
Forester XT 2006-2007

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I do know that they used to put cats on the UP in the WRX, though not any more. I assume this had something to do with turbo failures. I'm not sure about the legacy UP's.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
are there actually gains to be had considering our UP is uncatted to begin with?
From a 07 STi (Already uncatted) for your viewing pleasure.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
obviously not mind blowing, but turbo spools sooner. I probably wouldn't mess with it because it's not worth it for me since I'm not trying to squeeze every bit of power out of the car (I'd much rather spend the money on something to make the car run safer or improve durability/rigidity), and I don't really care about a couple hundred rpms of spool.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Perrin UpPipe and stock '08 UpPipe

the stock uppipe diameter looks bigger in the picture, look closer.

installing it was a PITA and i only put it on because i was also installing a bigger turbo...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
For the second pics. The carbon makes it quite hard to tell the interior of the OEM pipe shrinking after the flange.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
the factory 08/09 up-pipe is NOT catted, just fyi

I think they stopped doing that in 06 with the pig nose models

1 - 14 of 14 Posts