Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok that my first time buying a brand new car (or having a brand new paints job)

So whe should i wax the car, on my previous car i was doing it like 3 times a year... but ive been told that its not good to wax a new paints !

is it a myth ? how long should i wait before the first wax ?

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I waxed my car the first day I brought it home, I also washed it twice the same week. Mostly due to the bugs on the white front bumper, maybe I should have gone with a darker color but I needed a car before I moved.

I'm not an expert in any means for detailing but this is just my $.02

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It is important to wax ur car with new paint. The was lays a layer of protection for ur new paint.

What you should not do is to polish so early in the game. Polishing will remove a thin layer of your new perfect finish, vs the adding of protective layer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
As stated, waxing is fine, just hold off on the polishing for now. If you suffer from a lot of grime and contaminants in the paint already, use a clay-bar to remove them, then apply a couple coats of wax.

·
Registered
122 Posts
2 days after buying my car it looked like this:

(man it was fun though, even if I am STILL cleaning finding mud in the engine bay

Attachments

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont like winter cause its not so fun to wash my car when its below zero :p

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe anyway everybody have a maid to wash their car in SG ;D

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Only if I had a camera after every time I took my car on the dirt roads... I love it since I have the white and after I'm done you would think it was tan :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
hehe anyway everybody have a maid to wash their car in SG ;D
oh please. I firmly believe in washing my car myself. i Even do the 1-2 weekly wax myself! I don't turst anyone, not a maid definitely to wash my car :)

But its true. Everyone else use their maids or simply just go to the petrol kiosk for the $5 snow wash haha

·
Registered
0 Posts
oh please. I firmly believe in washing my car myself. i Even do the 1-2 weekly wax myself! I don't turst anyone, not a maid definitely to wash my car :)

But its true. Everyone else use their maids or simply just go to the petrol kiosk for the snow wash haha
Me too believe in washing the car myself. not anyone. just that my CO will nag when i used too much water. hahhaha she will say waste water.
i usually let her does the rims only.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

But its true. Everyone else use their maids or simply just go to the petrol kiosk for the snow wash haha
Me too believe in washing the car myself. not anyone. just that my CO will nag when i used too much water. hahhaha she will say waste water.
i usually let her does the rims only.
cant imagine washing my car just with a bucket... she will freak out if she see how much water i waste washing my car !!

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can wax it as soon as you get it. Your issue is not a myth, it used to be true years ago but not anymore. My Subaru dealership had washed and waxed my vehicle for delivery. Of course I took it home and washed their wax off and used my own wax. How often you wax your vehicle depends on what product(s) you use. Most of the Turtle Wax, Eagle One, Maguiar's, etc. product that you can buy at stores usually lasts for 2-4 weeks.

·
Registered
769 Posts
There shouldnt really any set time where waxing is good or bad. I wax all my cars two times a year.
1 time usually in the fall right before winter comes and
1 time either at the start of spring or at the start of summer. If you do this it will protect you against the nasty winter and summer elements.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts