Subaru WRX Forums banner

When Stanced just isn't gay enough for you

8K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  424wrx 
#1 ·
So we've had the stanced fad going and now too many of these floating around, even on lambos and ferraris I've seen this.

Find one positive thing about this besides its barely a subaru and go!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car White Automotive design

See less See more
#3 ·
I already started a heavy discussion about this on a fb subaru group based on location and demographics.

Besides this being completely non-functional, show me authenticated proof that adding flares to Subaru's, Lambos, Ferraris, etc makes a performance handling improvement over running a normal meaty setup.

#4 ·
its a nice color
other than that...everything else about it is blah

Reactions: Hoonigan808
#5 ·
Good thing Cali has nothing but paved roads.... :doh:

#6 · (Edited)
1) I think I know whose car that is... I'll let you know if I see him @ Subaru Summer Solstice today.
2) No other mod will make your car look like a Transformer like XXXL flares.

It looks like he has a 6in+ spacer on those front tires. I really hope I see him today. No way he's not in the car show.

P.S. I think he has an Aerodynamics sponsor, or interest in the company, so that's probably just promotion.

#7 ·
Take some of angles of the car as well if you can. I want to see if that giant gap between the front fender flare and rim is worse than it appears.

So....what you're saying is that it's completely for show and serves 0 functionality.

#8 ·
I'll leave these comments here from others that posted about it, keep in mind none of subie owners are from or live in Cali based on the comments.

"Can you even drive that?"
"I like the wing"
"But the kit imo looks garbage. I loved his setup on the stock body, but now.....meh"
"I don't think the question is can you even drive that, more of can you even "handle" it? Honestly anything can be driven....it just won't be pretty."
"He needs to leave the subaru game and go get a civic"
"Looks like shit"
"The fad is getting out of hand, seems like everyone's trying to copy the wrb, liberty and 6666 kits"
"Hating it, ruining a subie."
"How Not to run a proper meaty setup"
"When you don't care if you needed rally gaurds"
" when you absolutely want it make sure you get curb rash"
"When you absolutely want to blow your tires on the slightest rocks"
"I'm all for wide kits with wide wheels and meaty tires, but this doesn't flow at all."
"You could spend less money and still have more function than that hot mess"
"The car is wide enough, there's no need for the flares honestly. I'd rather be on someone's jock with a GD running karltons on some 315s."
"I think impractically wide wheels, ridiculously low setups are just dumb as fuck. And I think in general the car just looks like shit"
"Also I want to see realistic Top Gear UK proof that adding fender flares to the faddish ferraris, lambos make a functional improvement in handling"

That was just a few in the 15mins it was posted.

#12 ·
Reactions: greenc51
#11 ·
Ha is that neon & black subie a spare tire?

#15 ·
It serves 0 purpose on a wide body with stretched tires. It's the most expensive honda civic conversion I've seen.

#17 ·
From another STI owner: Why stance a car with symmetrical AWD?? As a STI owner, this not only looks bad, but makes the owner look like a complete noob. Want to build a show car? Get a Lexus.

#18 ·
that white sti looks like absolute ass. those flares are terrible. i actually prefer my 08 narrow bodies clean lines imho.all that tacked on shit is overkill.

Reactions: Hoonigan808
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.