Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you put on aftermarket parts, where do you put the stock ones? Do you have a place in your garage where you keep them or throw them away? I'll be living in an apartment now and don't really have that much space to store stuff

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I lived in a small-ass studio apartment for a while, so I can offer some suggestions:

Store a stock exhaust behind a door or in the top of a closet....needs to be disassembled.

Find an unused corner and put the parts in it and throw a decorative sheet over it to hide them.

Use stock wheels with a piece of wood or glass over it as a coffee table or tv stand. Ie, two next to each other and two more on top of the bottom two.

Larger body parts, or long items can be stored above your kitchen cabinets.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I lived in a small-ass studio apartment for a while, so I can offer some suggestions:

Store a stock exhaust behind a door or in the top of a closet....needs to be disassembled.

Find an unused corner and put the parts in it and throw a decorative sheet over it to hide them.

Use stock wheels with a piece of wood or glass over it as a coffee table or tv stand. Ie, two next to each other and two more on top of the bottom two.

i currently live in a semi small studio and rally shark is totally right. i had a honda motor in my closet awhile back. my cats liked to sleep on it

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I think this thread should be titled "how to decorate your apt. with car parts". Rallyshark is kind of like our Martha Stuart.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
put em in the garbage!!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think this thread should be titled "how to decorate your apt. with car parts". Rallyshark is kind of like our Martha Stuart.
LOL, oh god, that's what I've become?!?

In all seriousness though, the wheel TV stand works well, I've personally used that one as well as hiding catbacks behind open doors and spare parts in a box in the closet :)

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
ive got a 4 car garage, with my old custom built rack for my hardtop from when i have a wrangler, so all my stock parts and it seems my friends stock parts all end up on the shelf. i have like 4 sets of springs, a few sets of headlights tail lights, intakes, exo's, and a bunch of other random stuff.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have my stock parts in a box outside in my garage. I was gonna actually sell them but nobody seems to really want stock stuff, so I figured I minds as well keep it. You never know when you may need it.

·
Registered
519 Posts

LMAO Shark you are a SC redneck aren't ya LOL!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

LMAO Shark you are a SC redneck aren't ya LOL!
oh man...don't say that, I'm in no way redneck, I was born and raised in ohio, I just happen to live here.

I live in a very nice house now (not an apartment) with a two car garage and a yard and lots of things non-rednecky, not a trailer!

Calling me a redneck is like saying that Barack Obama resembles Steven Hawking.

If it sounds like I'm getting defensive, it's because I HATE rednecks :-[

·
Registered
519 Posts
There are a great number of ignorant and stupid people here in SC that is for sure. Yep still planning on making it. I will pm you with my phone number so we can meet up there.

Seth

·
Registered
230 Posts
I keep them in the trunk/hatch. Thanks for reminding me that they are there. Gotta take them out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I keep all my old parts in the garage. I am keeping my fingers crossed that a local guy comes out tomorrow to pick up my old exhaust! That box is huge! Hard to believe that I can only get $25 for it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts