Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
where you protuned? do you have a dyno plot? that way we can determine how/where the torque is.
you can use this vid for reference perhaps

·
Registered
66 Posts
That was a great vid :)

Yeah, between 3-4K is about right. Above 4K and I get way too much wheel spin. It's more fun, but not as fast. Closer to 3K and I tend to bog out a bit. I usually keep mine near 4k for a launch.

·
Registered
308 Posts
6500 sounds about right.... ;D Just messing. launching depends on clutch as well, agree'd though 3-4 is good!

·
Registered
334 Posts
How fast are you letting out the clutch between 3&4?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
In my stock 09 my best launches are when I slip the clutch at 3500, then as it's about to bog put the clutch back in slightly, at this point the car is rolling. Then I rev to 4200 while slipping the clutch less and less, the go WOT right before the clutch catches 100%. If done right it's super smooth, feels like a jet, and does limited wear to the clutch and drivetrain for such an aggressive launch. I'd call it a 2 stage launch.

I'll probably need a new clutch at 20k. :-\

·
Registered
418 Posts
4500-4750 with a little slip, do it right and you'll spin a little around 4k, hook, and go without bogging.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i used to launch down around 4k with LC, but, following the advice of a friend, turned the LC up to 5k, and my launch times improved greatly. I do have 225 star specs so wheel spin isn't a problem.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I do right around 4 w/ launch control. Depends on the track.

·
Registered
483 Posts
all you guys that are saying where you launch what 60 foots are you getting? bc at the track ive found the sweet spot is 5k to 5.5k and will net you 1.6x 60 foots.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Maybe I'm a ratard but if I do a slight slip launch at 4k my clutch never catches completely and can roast clutch all the way to redline if I keep the throttle down (which I don't). Anything around 3k and it's bogstown. I'm gonna go out and practice. :-[

AP stage 1 Perrin map.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got a good vid on my youtube channel got to therealsubarudude, or type in 2010 wrx launch you mite like it :) I like to slip the clutch a little at like 4-5k then drop it but not dump it know what I mean lolcheck it out, tell me what you guys think?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts