Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna stiffen up the stock handling.should i go springs or sway bars?which ones?what about endlinks?any feedback from anyone that changed theirs would be a help.thanks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Springs will help up and down, and sway bars will help side to side. they both will help decrease body roll and tremendously help the handling of the car

well I would suggest getting set up with some sway bars first. don't have them yet. still decideing. everyone seems to like Rallitek. I think I may go Perrin though. they come in various sizes. anywhere from 20-25mm. make sure you look into beefier endlinks too. the stock ones will fail in time due to stress put on by the bigger bar. ;)

from what I hear they turn (no pun intended) it into a different car. I had some on my old RX-8 and the difference was night and day. they also help decrease body roll.

as far as springs, if you have no plans on going to the track often I would just stick with some springs. cobb makes a good pair, as does H&R. swift just came out with some as well

but if you want you can go all the way up to the 2 grand Cusco coilovers if you have the dough to throw down.... you can look into the BC racing coilovers, those are the ones I am really interested and I have heard nothing but good things about them. they are 1,000 on Importimageonline.com really sweet deal. tein should have some available too.

those should get you the biggest improvement in handling.

OH! look into new tires too. some better rubber will really make a difference!

good luck and do plenty of research before you buy!

hope this helped some

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info.i think im gonna do sway bars and endlinks first.its my everyday car so i dont want too stiff of a ride.the cornering just seems sloppy stock.

·
Registered
577 Posts
yeah its horrible. I actually didn't enjoy my test drive because I hated the amount of body roll compared to my 8....

(the torque is what sold me)

go with the STi pink springs if you keep it as a daily driver. they keep a nice ride but get rid of body roll.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'd go with a rear swaybar with some solid rear endlinks. I think I'm going to go with a RalliTEK / Group A setup when I do it, but there are plenty of options out there.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so should i do sways first or the pink springs??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do yourself a favor and do not skip the FSB. You're better off with a large FSB and the stock RSB than vice versa. Trust me.. I've tried it all 3 ways (rear only, both & front only).. I've autocrossed all 3 ways.. Subarus respond very very well to front swaybars.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
i have installed both fnt and rr sway bars and endlinks from rallitek and i am impressed with the handling now. i am also running better rubber too, next mod will be the springs and they are on sale as well. then come the go fast bits! i think it is critical to do the suspension mods before adding go fast parts, that is my priority anyways and it seems like it is yours as well.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the replies everyone.i think im gonna do sways and endlinks from rallitek.i dont want the car lower.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just ordered the rallitek front and rear sways.went with the rallitek rear endlinks and avo front endlinks.gonna wait on springs right now.got the spt exhaust sitting somewhere in the world waiting to come also.enough parts for now!

·
Registered
327 Posts
just ordered the rallitek front and rear sways.went with the rallitek rear endlinks and avo front endlinks.gonna wait on springs right now.got the spt exhaust sitting somewhere in the world waiting to come also.enough parts for now!
+1. Placing the order for the EXACT same thing right now, and also shifter bushings. Still awaiting the shipment to my dealer of the SPT exhaust. Did it say if the sways were in stock? When I called last night they said that the bars were supposed to be in yesterday or next week. Does anyone know a promo code for the site for a little $$ off?

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dont know if they were in stock.i know the spt exhaust is pissing me off!!i placed my order on april 1st.site told me im order #1 for the sedan when they come in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts