Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to like the look of black rims but im not sure how it will look on a WR Blue

heres my two choice in black, the O.Z being really cheaper than the prodrive

O.Z Ultraleggera black:

Prodrive GC06 Black:

and finaly thise one is not black but i love it, just not sure about 5 spoke.. but they are pricey too...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I like how the Prodrive has a nice lip but the Rays would look sweet in black! I'm looking for a set up that is just a straight five star and has nice lip/ offset to sit flush w/ the fender. Black is the way to go. Black on the WR blue will look sick!! 8)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to specify

O.Z = 17" or 18" (they are the cheapest of the lots)

Gram & Prodrive = can only offer 17"

also there is a better tire selection in 205/50ZR17 rather than the suggested 215/45ZR18 for the 18"

here the tire im gonna go with 17", BFGoodrich G-Force KDW 2

If i go 18" the best bang for the buck i found is the Kumho ECSTA SPT

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think I might go with the Prodrive, but they all look really nice. You can't go wrong whichever one you choose. Black goes with any colour. How much are the rims?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gram lights: 473$
O.Z 17" : 265$
18" : 325$

havent found exactly whats the lowest price i can get for the prodrive but i guess they will cost as much as the Rays...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a new candidate... never seen this one before put i like it, both colors are nice !

WedsSport SA-70:

Those one will fit nicely with the chrome strip behind the same colors as the rims !

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Careful with the Kumho tires, they can wear out real fast and then you will just need to replace them. I do like the Rays rims best or the Tracklites in flat black or gunmetal...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'm with you WRX_Sex, those Ultralegerra's are going on my ride in the spring!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I have graphite silver ultraleggera 17's on my sedan, and they look great. I was looking for a wheel that didn't look totally out of place like many aftermarket wheels do on non-lowered cars. I've also seen gold 18" ultraleggeras on a white hatch. IMO the ultraleggeras fit the look of the wrx a lot better than the 5-6 spoke gram-lights/prodrives. The only better option would maybe be a set of prodrive p1's or similar which have a somewhat similar look, and outstanding strength. Those wedsports look nice too, though the colors they come in don't quite fit WRB imo. Black ultraleggeras would look awesome on WRB.

+1 ultraleggera

1 - 12 of 12 Posts