Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What short throw shifter would be the best choice. Cobb or factory sti. ?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Im really tempted to get the Cobb cause its like half the price of the STI.... dunno if there a big difference in quality

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking the Cobb also. Didn't know if the sti was that much better tho. On the way to work i got blown away by a clk 550, do to 3rd gear. +150 horse the benz had on me. Had him till 130 then he took the F off!! Guess thats what an extra 30k gets ya.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I'm currently using the cobb ss. I love it, haven't gotten around to putting in the shifter bushings yet. I have more direct control of the shifts and don't have to worry about throwing it in to a lower gear. For some reason I was doing it quite often with the stock shifter. Maybe it was the plastic boot that wrapped around the shifter. Either way I lost a few pounds by switching :)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input fellas! Gonna order the Cobb! Cant wait for the install.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i'm lucky enough to get the STI short shift and knob from my subaru dealer free.
hmmm free.... but at the price i think your car cost in $SG thank god they give to you for free ;)

anyway im still torn about those 2 shifter... you can show me how its handle next time i go SG

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Mine 55 000 $SG ;D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
base price was 33 995 + transport n prep. taxes, and 4 year financing at 4.9% its around 39 000$CAN

Theres no trim level like in the U.S. they all come fully loaded but with no NAV. bot the sales man gave me another 600$ discount and throw in a complete tint (By the best guy around this who use the best films)

i know i could have save some more money buy crossing the border to the U.S, but it will have been troublesome cause of higher financing rate and warranty problem ect

·
Registered
421 Posts
base price was 33 995 + transport n prep. taxes, and 4 year financing at 4.9% its around 39 000$CAN

Theres no trim level like in the U.S. they all come fully loaded but with no NAV. bot the sales man gave me another 600$ discount and throw in a complete tint (By the best guy around this who use the best films)

i know i could have save some more money buy crossing the border to the U.S, but it will have been troublesome cause of higher financing rate and warranty problem ect
haha incase you're all wonderng how we pay for a $90,000 car, our car loans come with up to 10 years and interest rates ranging from 1.98% to 6.0% depending on the package you choose. and interest rate for the car is calculated yearly based on the total loan amount, not the outstanding amount. errr.. incase anyone was wondering =)

but i'm sure courteau already know.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yea depending on when you want to compare it to. it was $11000 last year when i bought my honda civic. its currently $17000. Thats the amount i got for my wrx

·
Registered
273 Posts
all can say is financing in CAN sounds confusing.....but i wouldnt go with the Stock so called sti Short Shifter, i went that route and the flippin thing was already in the car.......so i had to take it back.......

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
not sure which shifter this is... but this is what came with the car.

either way, I love the feel of the Cobb and I advise every one to get one

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our shifter is double adjustable. Meaning you can adjust the throw distance independently from the knob height. You set those characteristics yourself in order to fit your needs. That would be the difference between ours and the other shifter mentioned ;)

You can find more information on the COBB Double Adjustable Shifter through the URL listed below...

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3421

Justin
COBB Tuning

·
Registered
717 Posts
Kartboy anyone?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts