Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock rim are "ok" but i guess everybody will sooner or later end up changing them..

So which size/model are you craving for ?

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I love the looks of the Konig Hurry/Tuner2/Feather

Think I might go with the 17" Hurry Black, debating if I want to keep with the stock tires or go with the 225/45/17 Falken Azenis

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm actually in talks with my local dealer for toe following rims in order of preference.

1. Enkei FS01
2. Prodrive GC07
3. Prodrive GC05

Looking at gold/bronze, sizes 17"x8" and offset less that +43 for future brakes plan!

The problem with the FS01 and GC07 is that they don't really come with the offset i need, so i'll probably need to use a spacer. I'll see how it goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the last one is sick, but i dunno how the color will fit a red car, for the fit the first one will kick ass

Im crazy about those one but i heard they are really pricey...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, to mine WRX (which has Spark silver metalic colour) I have ordered 18" Prodrive wheels. I think will look kinda fancy but it not remind much about rallying.
At least It will have much more aggresive "look".
So its gonna be this

with that

Of course those wheels im going to use in summer. Now the winter is comming I'll stay with stock 17".

Reguards.

PS

The colour of the car on the picture is "steal something something..." so with mine Spark silver I'll have more contrast with the car and the wheels.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea but you will never have the pleasure to drift your WRX in the snow :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, my brother has older impreza STi and he's driffting all way to his job with our father on passenger seat whos all the way saing "Stop DOING THIS !, This iT aint funny". hilarious ;D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last winter i was having fun doing donut with my wife Cressida (Dead 7MGE... maybe 1JZGTTE some day)

This year will be even more fun to troll around the parking lots on snowy night !

·
Registered
382 Posts
I plan to utilize the stock 17" for winter duty and picking up a set or 18/19" for summer fun. Not sure what I'll do yet, to far away to think about. :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont think its a good idea to go 19`.... will be really incorfortable for daily driving... for myself 18`will be the max

·
Registered
122 Posts
i dont think its a good idea to go 19`.... will be really incorfortable for daily driving... for myself 18`will be the max
Agreed: I actually stuck with a 17" diameter, albeit in an 8" width. I felt that it offered the best combination of ride comfort, performance and reduced weight. IMO the stock wheels are really heavy: I wasn't expecting to notice such a dramatic difference with the Enkei NT03s but the in-gear acceleration and pick-up is noticeable. I think that for those of you who are going to go up to 18s, pay close attention to the weight (although, in an 18" size, lightweight wheels are kind of pricey)

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you're going 18", i recommend going for volksracing. their rims are one of the lightest around. I had better performance and better fuel consumption after changing to my volksracing CE28NF on my previous ride.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm going to mess with everyone around here next summer and put on some '99 rs rims! It will probably look funny, but they have pretty good summer rubber on them and ought to autocross pretty well. 7 1/2 X 16 inch rims with 225/45 Kuhmos ;D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think the OZ Ultraleggera are pretty sweet. These wheels have pronounced lines just like the sides of our cars. They are also not all show as they are 18.6lbs at 18" X 8". These rims are constructed by low pressure casting and shot peened for added strength. Anyone interested in wheel options should check out tirerack.com to view them on his/her vehicle. Here's a link to the wheels: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...=Ultraleggera&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint

I also really like the Motegi Traklite 2.0, owned them for my Integra, but unfortunately they aren't made in an 18" 5X100. The traklites are forged which is even better than low pressure casting and I know that their 17" X 8" weigh in at 14lbs.

·
Registered
752 Posts
17x8 Motegi Tracklites with some sticky tires.

i plan on getting them soon.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
17x8 Motegi Tracklites with some sticky tires.

i plan on getting them soon.

Are you going with a specific color on the wheels?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts