Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got these endlinks and tried installing them when I put in my 20mm whiteline rear sway bar. Well they don't freak'n fit. The spacers are too big, and they fact there are two spacers, two seals and two washers it's a PITA to get all those things to line up right to get the bolt through. Any suggestions on how to get these endlinks in? Am I just stuck having to get like 5 or 6 washers and not use the spacers?

Also I couldn't get the bolt off the pivot point of the rear control arm. Do the rear braces that come with the sway bar make a difference in performance? Granted I only installed a rear 20mm sway bar with stock endlinks and without the rear brace, and no front sway, but I really don't feel THAT much of a difference like everyone is saying. I even have an SPT front tower strut bar that I put in the same time. I know the FTS bar wasn't gonna give me huge differences like a front sway but I figure it should help a little.

Is my best bet to install the endlinks and rear brace? Then will I get the gains that people are saying they from just a rear sway? thanks

oh and the "feeling" I'm talking about is the amount of body roll....car still feels pretty boaty. Granted I don't want anything too harsh, but drove my buddies legacy spec b and loved the suspension. Minimal body roll, tight grounded feeling, but still comfortable.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
The spacers will fit, they are just a VERY tight fit and you have to get em in there at just the right angle or it will look like they won't fit. I had the same problem with mine, just try another approach. Might help if you put something through the spacers and endlink (that doesn't protrude out either side) to keep them lined up so you can get em in there right before sliding the bolt through to tighten them down. It also helps to grease up the seals and put em on the endlinks prior to trying this. Push them all the way on and use a lot of grease so that they kind of stick in place and don't get in the way when you are trying to fit the spacers in there. Also, the washers go on the outside of that arm, not on the inside with the spacers.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice....hmm kknda feel like an idiot that I tried putting the washers on the inside....saw a pic and it showed the washers on the inside and I said to myself, that just doesn't make sense but oh well it's in the picture....should have known better than that....geez! thanks chanke will give it another go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts