Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Just a Pioneer AVIC-700bt navi HU...nothing else. I don't think that counts as a 'system', lol, but its all I've got.

joneSi

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Stock sub, AVIC F90BT, that's it...

Going to look into custom subs for the trunk (far left and right sides)

Something like I ran in my eclipse...

Still want full trunk function...

·
Registered
988 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't think you wnat to Subs face right at each other. It has something to do with the sound waves canceling each other out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
polk audio momo carbon amp

infinity speakers

alpine 9887 HU

10" AVT underseat sub

and bit of sound deadening.

sounds soooooooo much better than the stock. just have to contend with the little gap at the side of the HU, cause of the unusual size of stock radio.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
nothing much but sounds good,

stock premium sound setup with a Clarion 10' and a alpine V12 amp, Had the system in my prevoius car couldn't live without it

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I would love to have something like that but 300 is a lot for a box. I have a 10" sub but its a Solobaric square sub so this won't work. I might try my hand at making a custom box similar to this though. I know its going to hit pretty hard when I get things installed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would love to have something like that but 300 is a lot for a box. I have a 10" sub but its a Solobaric square sub so this won't work. I might try my hand at making a custom box similar to this though. I know its going to hit pretty hard when I get things installed.

it's not just a box. It's a custom molded fiberglass enclosure. Go to your local audio shop and have them try to build you the same thing. I would bet they would charge you $500-$600 at least. This enclosure is a bargin for the price. Glad I got in on the pre-buy. Now the price is $60 more.

My system I'm going to be putting in my 08 STI

Gear I already just bought is

AI enclosure (on it's way) Going with JL 10W3v3 sub
Alpine PDX-150.4 amp (so small, birth sheet rates it at 180watts rms x4ch)
POLK Audio SR series 6.5" -front doors in stock locations. These speakers perform as good off-axis as on-axis and the reviews on them are amazing. For $800 they should be! I'll be running these off-axis (stock tweeter locations) tweeters wired 180 (opposite than labeled polarity).

things I still need to buy
HU- Poineer AVIC-F90BT (JDM trim peice already ordered)
Sub-JL 10w3v3 (4ohm)

rear doors I'm running stock speaks off HU for rear fill.
Front channels of the PDX amp will run the Polk SR's
Rear channels will be bridged to run the sub.

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't think you wnat to Subs face right at each other. It has something to do with the sound waves canceling each other out.
It's got to be pretty perfect to cancel,

It's all acoustic waves, and since my trunk isn't acoustically perfect the waves didn't hit direct...

Never had a problem and had plenty of power...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got the AVIC F90BT installed, with XM and HD radio (you can really tell the difference, plus you get some extra channels sometimes from the stations that have gone HD).

Ordered the AI custom box, and I have a JL 10W3V3 and a 250/1v2 amp waiting to bring the noise.

I think I'll be pretty happy after that. Honestly, I was very surprised with how much better the F90 was able to make the stock speakers sound/perform.

·
Registered
273 Posts
down side is either way its going o slide out if it is not bolted down, see i dont wanna have to do that

·
Registered
273 Posts
well then, thats a whole different ball game right there i might look into that...

·
Registered
109 Posts
well then, thats a whole different ball game right there i might look into that...
If you go to this thread - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24379674#post24379674 - you can see the installation process. It's a few posts down, but I believe it's on the first page.

Response so far from those who have them has been nothing but enthusiastic. Somebody even fit a JL 10W6 in there, so you can pretty much get all the power you want (from a single 10" setup, that is).

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Yeah I could never rock a box like that, but to each his own...

I've got to have something flush and out of the way....

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Yeah I could never rock a box like that, but to each his own...

I've got to have something flush and out of the way....
Same. That one sub enclosure for the hatches is probably what I would go with if I had a hatch. Still, too much of a sacrifice on trunk space for me. Good thing I have a sedan. Most I'll probably do is upgrade speakers and maybe add the oe sub.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I need my trunk space.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts