Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was about to order some gauges when i realized that i wouldn't be able to mount them right away. Was thinking of gettng a custom gauge pod for the A-pillar but then remembered we have side curtain airbags, not a smart idea. The clock replacement is not an option. And i was looking to go with a 3 gauge setup so the gauge pods behind the steering wheel won't work too well. Hmmmm. Any thoughts for a location to place a gauge pod?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I think the bet option will be something that can clip on tops of the cluster, one on each side

·
Registered
752 Posts
you dont have to put all 3 gauges right next to each other. what 3 were you looking to put in your car?

i think those are going to be the most important, so i put them there.
i was going to get an EGT gauge next and put it down by the cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I was thinking down by the cig lighter too, but I like having the space. I thought the pehon's setup looks pretty good. I also thought about the pillar too, but there is an airbag there, don't want that gauge pod flying into my face if I am driving along ad hit something. The steering wheel is cool but I want three gauges (boost, EGT, and Oil Pressure). Oh, well, guess I will have to figure something out.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Maybe changing out the head unit with a single din and then placing gauges below it, that might be an option.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boost, EGT, and oil press. were my 3 gauges I was thinking of as well. I do like what you got goin on there OGB, however I need a spot for a 3rd one.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
What about a gauge pod made to go up above the rear view mirror? Does anyone think that would work? Look at it and let me know.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
What about a gauge pod made to go up above the rear view mirror? Does anyone think that would work? Look at it and let me know.
In many states its not allowed to have something in the winshiled area exept the mirror so it might be actualy illegal

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Well, I say. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. But there is that black stuff right there anyways, it wouldn't be in the way of seeing out the window. I say, try and see.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yea you got a point there.. the black stuff should be alright

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I really think that it would be really cool. It is out of the way, doesn't block the airbag on the pillar, doesn't take up the cubby hole, and doesn't take up dash space.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I dont understand why i mean i have my radar detec. there above the mirror, but i did see a 3 gauge pod that still keeps your clock and the 3 gauges i will try to find it again if i can....so ill let you guys know if i come across it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts