Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Whenever I park my car outside, I lock the doors (obviously). I like the car up by hitting the Lock button on the remote key fob or by hitting the power door lock button and then closing the door. Either way I do it, the car goes "beep" to signify that it's locked, as you all know. But if I take the valet key - the third key which does not have a remote - and put the key in the driver door key lock and twist it to unlock, and then pull the door handle open, the alarm goes off. The alarm quickly goes out once I put the key in the ignition and twist it to position 2 or whatever, but it's just annoying. Is there a way to unlock the door with the valet key without having the alarm go off?

Thanks,
Mr. E

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey Mr. E,

I'm pretty sure the regular key will actually do this as well. I've never unlocked my 08 with the key just the keyless, but with my 02 RS if I armed the alarm then used the key to open the door the alarm would go off and I would have to either hit the button on the keyless entree or put the key in the ignition. I'm guessing the 08's work the same way. Maybe try putting it in Valet mode when you set the alarm, the manual has instructions on how to do so.

Let us know how it works out.

Peace

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yep
only the remote turn off the alarm... just using whatever key withiout the keyless remote will cause a trigger

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
yea, i learned that this morning.... my keys broke and i lost my remote and my spare is packed away in storage i think so i went to open the door and the harn starts blaring at me. im glad it turns off when i turn the ignition though. my celica wouldnt even start without the remote turning the alarm off (to prevent theft).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Supposedly it wouldn't happen with the valet because you wouldn't give them your keyfob so they'd have to lock it from the inside if they do lock it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts