Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin to get 18x8 rim for my car and will the 8inch rim fit the car properly? I asked subydude.com and they said it should be fine......what do u guys think??

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
18x8 will work if your offset is low enough that the inside of the wheel won't impact your strut...however,

even if the wheel fits, you'll need to make sure you can fit a tire under there too, they tend to bulge past the edge of the wheel.

In other words, yes, you can fit an 18x8, but the offset of the wheel will determine what tire size you can fit under there.

oh, and if it is a different diameter than stock (like saturn says), you're speedometer will read either too fast (less than stock diameter) or too slow (greater than stock diameter)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
According to what I've read, the offset requirements on 08 is much more lax than it was with the older cars. Much less likely to rub. Don't really have any links to back that up but I think I read that about the Cobb or Perrin project car, can't remember really.

Check this site out

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

It lets you compare wheels/tire sizes to see how it will affect your car. To maintain the stock height (and therefore accurate speedo, geometry etc.) the correct tire size is 225/40/18. Note that the sidewall on this tire is a half inch shorter than stock, so the ride is going to be rougher. I personally am going to stick with 17's. The sidewall height looks aggressive enough for me, and with a drop the stock setup fills the wheel wells nicely. I'm just waiting for more springs and struts to come out before I jump in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is good news....That is my biggest concern with the 8 inch rim, is the tire rubbing....
-Thanks for the reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts