Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got two Spt inakes and offered me one at a really good deal, my question is will it fit?
He has on 06-07 Sti and i only have A 2008 Wrx so im not 100% on compatability tho it seems like it would fit....hmm

any help would be great thanks :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have heard that the SPT for the '07 Legacy will fit. Not sure about the '07 STI.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Why not ask him if you can try and see if it fits? If I was selling it to a friend I would let him see if it fit before I made him give me the cash.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The SPT legacy intake will fit in the engine bay. Somebody here did it. But you will need to fab some kind of adapter for the MAF sensor. Not sure how the tuning thing would work out with that though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems its only the maf thats the problem, fit wise its a nice snug fit, i got a chance for him to bring it over and see if it would fit, but it does have different maf bolt on pattern, my question is, is it possible to get an 06-07 sti maf and somehow soder it on to the stock harness instead? it could mean i could use sti intakes but the whole tunning is throwing me off...oh and im getting this intake brand new for 25$ so if the maf isnt that expensive i think itd be easier then getting a full intake new haha

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am not sure about the whole soldering thing. You probably could but those sensors deal with very small voltages and if you solder, it might throw your resistance off just enough to make the sensor not operate. Some one on here built an adapter for the MAF, I think it was Pehon. Might want to ask him.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yah there is a photo of it. It looks like he machined an adapter out of aluminum or something. I can't find it right now though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts