Subaru WRX Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Monkiboy glad to see your still alive and still building!

Kpwrx- let us know how this project is going

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Those cluster swaps turned out nice!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Any other special stuff you did to make the car start beside that I read that you went to the dealer to make the car read the speedo meter and start up engine?

If layout of STi speedo cluster is different, how about the WRX ones?

Hope to hear from you soon!

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
the dealer just needs to have a Subaru select monitor to reprogram the keys, immobilizer, or cluster or combination of to the key from your steel key tag or to what is programmed on the cluster so they are all the same.

STI and WRX are virtually identical with exception of the differences noted above. there are also photos above for reference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone with a Subaru select monitor III (expensive and not easy to acquire) can or a very solid hacking interest
Has anyone hacked this yet so we don't need to visit the dealer? Do we need to make the Keys match the cluster's code - or vice versa? I got mine in but no crank... I wonder if I can pull the pin for the immobilzer pinout and see if it works.. My car starts without a cluster.... So in theory if the cluster has nothing to compare to/from the BIU, I wonder if it would start?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good day,

I just got the speedo installed.

But one thing is the clock and FC board cannot be display. It's as good as blank. Replaced it with the stock one and the clock and FC board light up and displayed.

Anyone can help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
@monkiboy or anyone who did this mod, I got a STI cluster and would like to do this swap on my 2012 wrx. I tried to install the Sti cluster just to see how it looks. The DCCD bars on the small gauge keeps flashing and saying LOCK/ED. Will that go away after the dealership reprograms it?

Also, will the TPMS light go away if I reprogram the TPMS? I'm thinking that's all that needs to be done for it to work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@monkiboy or anyone who did this mod, I got a STI cluster and would like to do this swap on my 2012 wrx. I tried to install the Sti cluster just to see how it looks. The DCCD bars on the small gauge keeps flashing and saying LOCK/ED. Will that go away after the dealership reprograms it?

Also, will the TPMS light go away if I reprogram the TPMS? I'm thinking that's all that needs to be done for it to work.
Did you figure this out? I also just got an 11 sti cluster for my 11 wrx and the dccd is flashing like yours. I rebuild cars for a living so I was able to just reprogram my keys and the car started but the dccd thing keeps flashing. I did find a code in one of the cars modules that’s triggering this. The code is U1226. My scan tool told me the code is about the car not receiving CAN data from the DCCD controller. So that’s definitely why it’s flashing. I haven’t looked into it too much just got the cluster today, but thought Id check if you figured something out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
checked out the FSM some more tonight and in a different section, specifically IDI-16 "instrumentation and driver info" it states:

"When the combination meter of model with immobilizer has been replaced, be sure to perform the registration of immobilizer."

also, the DTC triggered with the STI cluster P0513/P1578 indicates the need for reprogramming so looks like the subaru select monitor is the way to go!

still have to figure out the mileage and if that is also changed via the SSM tool or if i need to outsource that to a company for completion.

i should have this wrapped up in the next week or so and will post up accordingly!
anyone have a dealership that will do it? all of the ones i contact say send it in to subaru

41 - 55 of 55 Posts