Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 WRX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2019 WRX almost 2 years ago and looking to make some mods to it (finally)!! Does anyone know what the deal is if whether or not the cars warranty will be voided if I install a Cobb access port?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a 2019 WRX almost 2 years ago and looking to make some mods to it (finally)!! Does anyone know what the deal is if whether or not the cars warranty will be voided if I install a Cobb access port?
As far as I know any ecu modifications void warranties, but a quick call to Cobb should validate that quickly. Their customer support is quick to answer and very supportive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It may void a particular warranty claim if it can be shown that the AP contributed to the failure. If you were to have a problem with say a power window or the braking system, they would likely still honor the warranty for that.

The Cobb Tuning platform is a robust, proven system when used properly. Make sure you read and understand how to use it and you’ll enjoy dramatically better performance with little risk to your car. However, a skilled Subaru tech will be able to detect the ECU changes and any kind of drivetrain warranty claim may be denied because of it.

I find the trade off worth the risk and loaded a new map to my 2020 WRX within a week of purchase. It completely changed the character of the car and it now drives the way it should have from the factory...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Only made it to 500 miles before AP and Intake install. Makes it 100%more daily drivable, whole rpm range is usable. OTS AP TUNES are really mild and proven to be safe. Now if you press it to the limit constantly yes something is going to fail. Chances are it would without the tune as well though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts