Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 WRX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2019 WRX almost 2 years ago and looking to make some mods to it (finally)!! Does anyone know what the deal is if whether or not the cars warranty will be voided if I install a Cobb access port?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a 2019 WRX almost 2 years ago and looking to make some mods to it (finally)!! Does anyone know what the deal is if whether or not the cars warranty will be voided if I install a Cobb access port?
As far as I know any ecu modifications void warranties, but a quick call to Cobb should validate that quickly. Their customer support is quick to answer and very supportive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It may void a particular warranty claim if it can be shown that the AP contributed to the failure. If you were to have a problem with say a power window or the braking system, they would likely still honor the warranty for that.

The Cobb Tuning platform is a robust, proven system when used properly. Make sure you read and understand how to use it and you’ll enjoy dramatically better performance with little risk to your car. However, a skilled Subaru tech will be able to detect the ECU changes and any kind of drivetrain warranty claim may be denied because of it.

I find the trade off worth the risk and loaded a new map to my 2020 WRX within a week of purchase. It completely changed the character of the car and it now drives the way it should have from the factory...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts