Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Catback - yes it will.

Axle back - No

I just put on a WRX stock catback and fits perfectly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an '09 Impreza 2.5i 5/door - Please confirm if a catback for an '08 WRX hatch will work for my car. Really would like to know since I have emailed Perrin, Cobb, and a few other vendors. THey said it may fit but not 100% sure, then stated that they wouldn't take returns if opened and installed blah blah blah! How did yours turn out??? Any other mods you added to your 2.5i??? (I'm new to the club and subies)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have an '09 Impreza 2.5i 5/door - Please confirm if a catback for an '08 WRX hatch will work for my car.
I have a 2008 WRX CBE installed on my 2009 2.5i 5 door, no problems at all. I reused the stock hangars and hardware.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I have an '09 Impreza 2.5i 5/door - Please confirm if a catback for an '08 WRX hatch will work for my car. Really would like to know since I have emailed Perrin, Cobb, and a few other vendors. THey said it may fit but not 100% sure, then stated that they wouldn't take returns if opened and installed blah blah blah! How did yours turn out??? Any other mods you added to your 2.5i??? (I'm new to the club and subies)
if youre planning on going aftermarket WRX exhaust, your result will most likely be decreased performance. You really dont need a 3" exhaust on a NA 4 cylinder motor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
if youre planning on going aftermarket WRX exhaust, your result will most likely be decreased performance. You really dont need a 3" exhaust on a NA 4 cylinder motor.
CuRiOuSfIsH is right, the 3" may hurt performance (not enough back pressure I believe). That being said, the OEM WRX CBE is about 2-1/2" and it works great. Used ones can be found in the classified section of this site ;D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts