Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yes, kind of.

keeping in mind you don't have a turbo, so anything midpipe and forward will be different... yes it will fit.

BUT...

you don't have a turbo!

so you'll need backpressure, so getting some 3" exhaust for a WRX and putting it on your 2.5i will mean you have no backpressure and no low end torque

so ... proceed at your own risk. I would stick to axle-back exhausts.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
yes, kind of.

keeping in mind you don't have a turbo, so anything midpipe and forward will be different... yes it will fit.

BUT...

you don't have a turbo!

so you'll need backpressure, so getting some 3" exhaust for a WRX and putting it on your 2.5i will mean you have no backpressure and no low end torque

so ... proceed at your own risk. I would stick to axle-back exhausts.
Saturn is correct, it will bolt up, but you will lose low end torque, probably not all of it, but I think you will notice.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i got a stock wrx exhaust from a friend, 2000 miles on it for free. bolted right up, runs great. im sure the aftermarket ones will be too big, but the factory wrx exhaust seems pretty good. pipe is slightly bigger, not much, has a nice exhaust tip, and now my car actually makes a tiny lil growl instead of nothing at all. for free, it was a sweet mod

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i got a stock wrx exhaust from a friend, 2000 miles on it for free. bolted right up, runs great. im sure the aftermarket ones will be too big, but the factory wrx exhaust seems pretty good. pipe is slightly bigger, not much, has a nice exhaust tip, and now my car actually makes a tiny lil growl instead of nothing at all. for free, it was a sweet mod
How did it fit onto the donut gasket? LIke the stock 2.5i exhuast?

The 2.5i midpipe starts at 2.5 inch diameter and then shrinks back down to 2 inches, does the WRX catback just stay at 2.5 inches?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Anyone in Eastern Nebraska can have my WRX OEM exhaust for free. Just gotta come pick it up. ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
got a spt exhaustfor a wrx for my 09 hatch 2.5i it bolts right up easy install but be weary the sound is more hondaish than the subaru rumble because of the equal length headers....my advice by borla unequal lengths and then the catback then uwill get good sound and pretty good performance...should get an accessport to for the tune. when i get mine ill be goin from 170 awhp to about 200 awhp with a intake catback and tune

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
You'll be around 180-190 hp at the crank, not at the wheels.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
There is a fair amount of drivetrain loss between the BHP numbers and the WHP numbers. It's unfortunate, but a reality. 200 whp on an NA subie is ALOT...most times you won't get 200 WHP on an NA subie unless you have an H-6 engine, instead of the 4 cylinder.

I was only able to get an older NA subie to about 165 WHP...
It had a lightened crank, lightened flywheel, cobb cold air intake, full headerback exhaust (with UEL headers), mild cams, ported heads and a tune....and still only 165 WHP...and a little more torque i think. You could probably get slightly more with the AVLS system present in the newer 2.5i, but not much more.

·
Registered
145 Posts
alright man thanks for the info, im plannin on force induction it sooner or later either supercharger whenever raptor sc makes one for my car or turbo if a kit is make or swap parts out of a wrx

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
alright man thanks for the info, im plannin on force induction it sooner or later either supercharger whenever raptor sc makes one for my car or turbo if a kit is make or swap parts out of a wrx
your best bet is to swap out parts w/ a WRX. For FI, it's always best to start w/ a motor meant to take it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just add on to what was said earlier, even an 08 model stock WRX makes less than 200hp to the wheels and thats with over 10psi of boost.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts