Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed their wipers becoming light at 85mph and above? I took a look at the STI wipers and they have some aerodynamics built into them. I wonder if they are interchangable.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mine are actually functional till about 100, which is more than I can say about previous cars. I would speculate the STI wipers fit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Use Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blades, I just installed them on my Scooby. They have better aerodynamics than the factory wiper blades.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Use Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blades, I just installed them on my Scooby. They have better aerodynamics than the factory wiper blades.
Right on! What size wiper blades are they?

·
Registered
223 Posts
24" for the driver, 16" for the passenger. If you snoop around on the web, you can find them going for as low as $15 each (without shipping). The following wipers will fit the bill for better aerodynamics and wiping performance:
Bosch ICON Wiper Blades
Michelin Radius Wiper Blades
Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blades
Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blades

I'm not biased towards any company, just whatever is easiest to get my hands on. I am running the Valeos right now, but I found Michelin Radius blades at Target the other day in 24" and 16" so I bought them, and they're sitting in my trunk until the Valeos die.

Edit: Added the Rain-X blades, forgot about those puppies.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I was thinking about getting the rain x latitude wipers. Anybody have these or heard anything? pro's/con's.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was thinking about getting the rain x latitude wipers. Anybody have these or heard anything? pro's/con's.
I bought these for my gf's Spec V. They are awesome, performing very well at high speeds. :)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the .02 cents Jeremy! Looks like I'll be hittn up the pepboys. lol

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Somebody have a picture of those STi wiper ?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
on my SVT i have PIAA super sporza with the spoilers... i wanted to put those for the wrx put they start at 19" and the passanger side is too small for the spoiler version... i think putting only the spoiler on one side will look weird

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the Latitude ones on mine. Drove through the rain and floods in MO last week and they are awesome. I would suggest them to anyone.

Seth

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The smallest I could find was 17" for the Latitude and ICON. I wonder if the 17" will hang over the passenger side too much??

·
Registered
223 Posts
The smallest I could find was 17" for the Latitude and ICON. I wonder if the 17" will hang over the passenger side too much??
Bro don't get into that stuff. Just look around more or buy them online because RainX makes them....I have RainX Latitude 24" and 16" blades in the trunk of my car, and I found them at Target.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Lol.. figures Target has them. I went to 4 auto parts stores and could only find the 17". Thanks Bro! Guess I'll be hittn up Target'.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bro don't get into that stuff. Just look around more or buy them online because RainX makes them....I have RainX Latitude 24" and 16" blades in the trunk of my car, and I found them at Target.
+1 Don't start putting the wrong sized parts on your car. You'll regret it when the wipers tear up the trip at the top of the windshield.. which then tears up the wiper, which then starts scratching the paint on your roof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These blades are horrendous in the snow!
If you live in a "serious" snow area (Montreal), stay away from them like the plague. They're really not made for winter; very much an "all-season" blade - kind of like all-season tires - which any self-respecting 4-season driver would never even consider using in winter. Have a pair of Valeos I bought from Tire Rack and now they're sitting in my garage; hopefully I could use them from spring to fall, but I'm not convinced...

Just my 2 cents, but those 2 coppers can probably save you $32...!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts