1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I'm thinking of dumping the OEM potenza on my 2008 base 2.5i sedan

but im not sure if i should go with a best set of all season or winter tires
(which the OEM potenza will be kept for summer)

i live in toronto and it gets pretty nasty during winters
and i guess getting winter tires on are for sure better than all season?
but i live in a tiny bachelor apartment so theres absolutely no space for me to store my summer tires

should i go with all season or winter tires?
i currently looking at michelin pilot exalto a/s,
anyone have any experience with these during winter?

·
Registered
298 Posts
well, if you're only going to have one set of tires, get a good set of all seasons. winter tires will wear quicker in the summer months. if you're going to have two sets of tires, go for the winter tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
0000020484 said:
most all-seasons suck in snow, but there are a few that actually do pretty well. Michelin Pilot (I forget which kind, but not the MXM4's) get some decent reviews, though I try to stay away from michelin.
thanks a lot for the suggestions!!

any particular reason for staying away from the michelins?
the pilot exalto that i'm looking at got quite a number of nice online reviews
but they are a bit too pricy..

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Winter tires FTW in snow. I had my Si with some Hankook IceBears on it that totally pwnd in the snow. That was an open diff FWD that was amazing when it started coming down. I'm sure with a better set of tires (not to mention AWD) you would rock out in the snow.

My wife also had a CR-V with Blizzaks on it, that thing was UNREAL in the snow. I can safely say that with those tires it is better than our MDX (without snows) or any of 3 previous Jeeps I had (two cherokees ->1990, 1998, one grand cherokee -1994). Really it was something.

That isn't to say any of the other cars I have mentioned suck in the snow. On the contrary, they were quite good. With the MDX taking the top spot out of all of them, even over the CRV without snows.

joneSi

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
You are in canada you shoudnt even ask yourself the question... OF COURSE you winter tires :D once you tase it you will never a winter on A/S again.. its day and night even if you compare expensive A/S to cheap Winter

One good summer set one good winter set is the way to go... yes you have to spend twice on tire.. but hey they gonna also last twice as long since you are using each set only 6month a year

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are in canada you shoudnt even ask yourself the question... OF COURSE you winter tires :D once you tase it you will never a winter on A/S again.. its day and night even if you compare expensive A/S to cheap Winter

One good summer set one good winter set is the way to go... yes you have to spend twice on tire.. but hey they gonna also last twice as long since you are using each set only 6month a year
spending twice ain't no problem my friend. its just i really dont have enough room for me to store 4 big pieces of rubber.
unless i dont mind eating sleeping and making love on them ;D yes it sucks to live in a 400 sq.ft. apartment.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

spending twice ain't no problem my friend. its just i really dont have enough room for me to store 4 big pieces of rubber.
unless i dont mind eating sleeping and making love on them ;D yes it sucks to live in a 400 sq.ft. apartment.
Most decent local tire place will often offer their customer to keep theire other season tire until they come back to have it installed
lots of people i know do that and at different place

1 - 7 of 7 Posts