Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone plannin on runnin for the winter as far as wheels go? I would use my stock wheels, but I kinda want something that looks more winter. Would use steelies but have to run 17's and they dont make 17 inch steelies. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well I was planning on running some Blizzak LM-25s on my stock wheels. And I just bought some Rota Tarmac 3s and I am going to put some Potenza RE760 Sports on them. I don't care for the looks of the stock wheels, so I will make them my winter wheels.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I would like to run the previous Gen STi rims for winter running. Don't live in enough snowfall to mandate the use of a whole other set off rims though.

Maybe if I were to go mud running huh? :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
oh no.. the oe rotors are 11 or 12". most supercars only go up to 15" rotors.

the base imprezas have 16" wheels and i was under the impression that we had the same size brakes (the base imprezas with the discs all around)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Im running Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D - 205/50VR17 on my OEM rims, i have 18" for summer

I love those tires

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
a cheap 17x7 or 17x6.5 (if you can find one) wheel wouldnt be a terrible choice.

As for 16" wheels, there is someone here, I forget who, who is running 16" wheels on his wrx. My accord 6mt, which had bigger brakes than the WRX, accommodated 16" wheels pretty easily as well. 15" might be a stretch though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm just using the stock wheels, they are complete garbage so I can't think of a better use for them :) And +1 to Courteau, that's my winter setup :)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I was considering using my stock wheels and getting them powdercoated so they don't look so lame.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well I was planning on running some Blizzak LM-25s on my stock wheels. And I just bought some Rota Tarmac 3s and I am going to put some Potenza RE760 Sports on them. I don't care for the looks of the stock wheels, so I will make them my winter wheels.
+1 Blizzak and stocker rims for me during the winter :) I enjoy the winter too much.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Im running Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D - 205/50VR17 on my OEM rims, i have 18" for summer

I love those tires
+'s for the dunlops. i bought these for my 06 sti and then ended up putting them on my 08 wrx sedan when i sold the sti. they fit (225/45 17's) on the 08 very nicely w/ the stock springs. i hope they will fit this year now that i have the pink sti springs installed. i will keep you all posted... when it snows and i put them on again. i am almost looking forward to winter this year!

here's a pic of mine.

***EDIT*** they are they same size as my summer tires but i will have to check the offset first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool. Well i really appreciate all you guys info. I just personally dont like the stockers at all. I dont no y. Lol. And maybe I'll give 225's a shot as opposed to the goofy stock tires. More opinions, still, would be nice. ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts