Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

So on thanksgiving I go to visit my grandmother at her apartment building. I take the WRX rather than my beater cuz there is a parking lot and there usually isn't alot of cars in it. So I park in a parking stall and i'm "backed in" and there is a 1995 ford windstar minivan that is "backed in". Basically he was kitty corner to my drivers side rear bumper with his driver side rear bumper. anyway I go inside and talk with grandma and we go out to have a smoke. As we're outside i'm telling her about my exhause and all the stuff i've done/plan on doing to the car. and thats when clownshoes or as i really like to call him shithead walks over to his mini-van. Now speaking from a cops point of view i can pick out a shithead pretty easily and this guy was not one of the finer and more upstanding members of society. So he's got his two kids with him and I figure ok hes got kids maybe he'll be carefull. So he puts the kids in the van and then he walks PAST my car and LOOKS at it before getting into the drivers seat. Now keep in mind when I see anyone within 6 feet of my car i'm watching them like a friggin hawk. So the guy starts his van and to my surprise and utter amazement he starts BACKING up. But not just backinig up straight when he could have easily pulled forward no he cocks the wheel all the way to the left BEFORE he starts backing up. Just then as he starts moving I say "Grandam that dumbass is gonna hit my..." I don't even finish the damn sentence before BAM! his rear bumper scrapes along my rear and front drivers side door. So he pulls forward and gets out to look at the damage. Now i'm pretty pissed at this point so i don't even go over there yet. I see him start looking around to see if anyone saw what happened and then he starts making a beeline for his drivers seat to take off from the scene. Thats when I shout "Hey you just hit my car" and immidiatly the apologies start. Oh i'm sorry I didn't see your car and my kids were distracting me and blah blah blah this just isn't my week. So I ask if he has insurance and guess what a bit fat NO comes outta his mouth.

In the great state of Wisconsin drivers are not required to have insurance untill AFTER they have a crash, not before. So then my 5 foot 0 inch tall grandma stars interrogating this 6 feet 3 inch guy as to why he doesn't have insurance and it was hilarious. And this guy starts shining me on about how hes gonna get on a payment plan with my insurance company blah blah blah. So the cops come and i get his info and he gets the address of my department (I don't give out my home address) and all sorts of stuff hes at fault but they can't ticket him cuz its in a parking lot and motor vehicle laws don't appply to parking lots in wisconsin. So I look him up yeah he just got out of jail 11-05-08 and has felony convictions up the ass as well as being sued about 5 times and not paying jack shit. So I got an estimate and it will cost at least 1700 bucks if not more to fix. So this will be fun cuz i will make this guy's life a living hell if he doesn't pay up.

Heres the pics

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
THAT SUCKS.... some people are just @ssHats!

You are not required to have insurance untill AFTER you get in an accident.... What is wrong with that picture?

·
Registered
209 Posts
That's ridiculous! I like how he hits the car, and then keeps going for another foot or so. I hope everything works out for you man. It hurts to see the car damaged like that.

By the way, your grandma sounds cool as hell! She smokes with you, talks about car plans, and rips into jackasses like that... that's awesome.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah shes an awesome lady i love her alot.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah meby they should design some that are like a foot toall instead of like an inch. That would have saved my car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
People like that piss me off. :mad: The fact that he looked at your car first, and then backed up while turning the wheel, seems awfully suspicious to me. The whole point of backing into a parking spot is so you don't have to reverse out, just go forward.

Even though I drive a slow economy car, I still try to take care of it since cars are expensive things. I try to park away from others, but I still have gotten a few dents/scratches. :mad: One time I left a busy place and there was a dent/scratch on my front left fender, like someone dropped something heavy/sharp on it. The perpetrator didn't even leave a note.

One time at a restaurant, I left and there was a big red scuff mark on the side. I didn't want to park next to that reddish colored car. It seemed like an old person car (Buick, I think). Sure enough, he couldn't back out properly and scraped along my car and didn't leave a note.

There's also a round dent right above my driver's side door. Based on the roundness, it looks like it was hit by a baseball. Again, no note or apology.

And then there was the time I let my wife borrow my car. After she left that place, she found a note from someone who also couldn't back out properly and scraped my side-view mirror. :mad:

My car's small, and people still manage to hit it. I guess because they see it's just a cheapo econobox, they feel it's okay to disrespect. :mad:

·
Registered
39 Posts
dude you got off lucky, my girl backed her audi into my rear left cracked the bumper, all the way through. AAAAAND she broke some sort of fuel line back there emmisions or something maybe im not sure whats back there. ANYWAY i hurt for ya hope it goes well

·
Registered
132 Posts
Man - I hope that all worked out okay. Yeah I found about this backwards law when I moved up to Milwaukee from Atlanta. Gotta love it. ;)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Just put a bunch of oversized badging from your PD all over your car. Nobody will ever hit it again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts