Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are the best "off" the market BOV's. Tons of engineering expertise on them and they look awesome.
It's a close friend of mine who makes them.. to see specs and pics go to www.worxtuning.com and look under
the turbo tab. He has been in the WRX/STi market since it came to the US.

Let me know if you want one, I may be able to get a group buy for a good price.

Mine is on the way from Oregon as we speak.

He also has a lot of other high end stuff. I would compare the quality to Cobb if not better in some areas.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Unless you're going for a high-boost, high-power state of tune, why bother? The stock BPV should be good to 20psi.

Surely it's not the Paul Walker sound that you're after? :(

A vent-to-atmosphere BOV is going to make you run rich and be more prone to stalling. Running rich is hard on the cats, too.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
The stock BOV is a piece.

First, it is plastic

Second, it leaks like hell

Third, it is ugly

So, if you do plan on getting a BOV go with a recirculating one unless you are going over 300-350whp.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless you're going for a high-boost, high-power state of tune, why bother? The stock BPV should be good to 20psi.

Surely it's not the Paul Walker sound that you're after? :(

A vent-to-atmosphere BOV is going to make you run rich and be more prone to stalling. Running rich is hard on the cats, too.
Paul Walker, that's funny. The Worx tuning is a four stage capable recirc valve. Not to get into all the specifics of operation or my future plans, but I do know a fair amount about FI engines, their operation and their subcomponents. If I were to be the one to rely on a stock manufactures BOV up to 20 psi, I just don't think turbocharged engines would be a good hobby for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry. "Sound" is one of the things they hype about this BOV on the Worx site, so I ass-u-me-d.

How did you guys determine that the stocker leaks badly? This is the first I've heard of that. I don't have a boost gauge, so I can't verify that I'm getting the full 12ish psi that I'm supposed to be getting (stock).

·
Registered
646 Posts
ive heard alot of things about worx, if you get a group buy for one of these let me know. any word on anything else they plan to make for the 08's?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry. "Sound" is one of the things they hype about this BOV on the Worx site, so I ass-u-me-d.

How did you guys determine that the stocker leaks badly? This is the first I've heard of that. I don't have a boost gauge, so I can't verify that I'm getting the full 12ish psi that I'm supposed to be getting (stock).
I cannot vouch for the reliability of the stocker, but I can for the aftermarket. Possibly, the sound that is hyped is one that differs from say a ssq hks or whistle sound of an ebay sold unit. I have used them all from fluttering to whoosh sounding before I understood function. The worx valve is strictly function and sounds like a mild pneumatic brake release similar to that of a tractor-trailor. For sure a choice for those trying to stay away from some ricey "look I have a turbo" sound. Not to mention, they are aesthetically complimentary to the beauty that is the WRX! ;D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive heard alot of things about worx, if you get a group buy for one of these let me know. any word on anything else they plan to make for the 08's?
Let me know what you are interested in and I will see what I can get Mike to put together for you. He has been busy engineering brake components along with a few other goodies for us 08 guys. I highly suggest his crank pulley. Do a youtube on "worx tuning pulley". It looks like a minor difference, but throttle response is one of the most pleasing upgrades to do as a driver, IMO.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i did a boost leak test when i first got the car. The stock one leaks. If you have the tools and the time, i would suggest doing a boost leak test.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did a leak test today at peak 15 psi, and yes it does leak. :-\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts