Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So crossing between the Bronx and Queens on the Throgsneck Bridge this past weekend, I saw a blue NA Impreza sedan, I leisurely catch up and find that it's being driven by a middle aged lady w/ 4 other passengers. All of them looked over. Ok, I moved on. Catch up to another 08, 5 door NA, blue. It was another middle aged lady by herself. She didnt look over.......
Just to find another 08 is tough sometimes. It's an odd occurrence for me.

On another note, had a little incident w/ a 1st generation Altima. It was filled w/ maybe 19 year olds. I proceed to pass them by switching over to another lane but Altima guns it and cuts in before I'm fully in the next lane. I flash the high beams, and must have though "ohhh yeah, it's ONNNNN!" and starts driving like the typical 19 year old w/ a group of guys all in a car. I didnt bother to play around as there were a lot of cars and risking other ppl's lives is not something I like do to.... I do the exact opposite actually. I'm sure him and his buddies were verrrrrrrrrry happy.

I have been getting more and more random ppl asking about my car. People by me are actually recognizing the 08 as a Subaru now.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
haha your story is basically every day i commute to college...I only find 08 N/A's, I catch up to maybe say whats up and its a lady who looks like she should be driving a buick...Then I pull into the slow lane and cruise because I like to keep my mpg's up there. Then some douche in a altima/honda/tc/whatever sucks now a days wants to play johnny racer. I kindly decline and they get mad at me like im the bad guy...

·
Registered
333 Posts
yeaaaaah ive noticed that the 2.5i has been mostly bought up by middle aged women.

but i bet if you saw my car though, you would know it was me. look for the signs! (debadge, lowering, excessive ego)

truth is i once saw a baseline 2.5i hatch that was a diff color, but when i showed it to my friends they wouldnt believe it was essentially the same car as mine.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then some douche in a altima/honda/tc/whatever sucks now a days wants to play johnny racer. I kindly decline and they get mad at me like im the bad guy...
I know what you mean. I previous cars were 2 Hondas and a tC. Most of the time I decline. I will always decline any car w/ more than just the driver. Cars w/ multiple ppl are just out to mess around so I pass, and I am always happy I do b/c they proceed to 'show' me how fast their cars are.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think that by us not doing anything just makes them look like idiots to all the other drivers. ;D

·
Registered
209 Posts
*gasp* I refuse to believe my jellybean.. err 2.5i is an old lady's car hahaha

There are a few in my neighborhood, and i can understand.. its a lot of car for the money you pay :D
I couldn't afford a rex at the time i bought my 2.5i v_v

·
Registered
37 Posts
it's hard to come by other 08 WRXs.. i see a lot of the NAs and outback sports, but i rarely come across another 08 WRX. this just makes me love my car more because it seems rare. and i get the feeling that the 08 is not well liked.. so far anyway. although today i got friendly waves from two different older STI sedans, so i guess they appreciate it.. and hey maybe it's just a bunch of lame 14 year old ignorant snots online who trash the 08 on forums. i don't care, i love my hated car, and i almost wish the 09s would look different so that 08s could remain entirely unique. and by the way, i feel bad saying it, but i'm not a fan of the look of those 2-tone outback sport imprezas =\

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was the MSPT/No Limit Motorsports dyno day today. I was the only 08 WRX there, and a good number of ppl were interested in it. How odd....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts